Occasional Contributor

Help! Bra Straps always too long

I am 5'1" (full figure) and have always had a problem with bra straps being too long. If QVC is reading please please please perhaps you can have a designer make a bra for women with a short torso because not only petite women have this problem. Even taller women I am sure have this issue. A bra that has shorter straps and better under arm scoop this way when you do raise the strap, it isn't rubbing under the arm. Any of the ladies out there have any suggestions? Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Help! Bra Straps always too long

There's a website called HerRoom that gives great information on how to find the right bra, from sizing yourself to styles that work with your body type. They list all brands of bras - including bras for petites. They talk about your problem and give you some suggestions on styles and brands that would work for you.

An alternative answer that I've done before is to shorten the straps, I shorten them at the slide - just open up the loop through the slide, cut off 2-3" and sew it back together.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

Super Contributor

I have a Bali bra that has straps that do not adjust and I hate it. My girls need to be pulled up and I'm always tugging to pull the bra down. Too late to return.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Super Contributor

Have you tried the racer-back converter clips? You might find these useful if you're constantly pulling your straps up. And they are cost-efficient because you can use them on bras you already own, instead of investing in new bras.

Respected Contributor

I would like to find a bra that has the adjustment in the front the way they used to be. My girls are heavy and need to be lifted from the front NOT the back.

I would also like a bra that the underwire does not start poking through poking me under the arm. How hard can it be to stitch the underwire securely at the top.

For the most part I think that men design bras otherwise why would the be so uncomfortable.

I tried Breezies and they were not worth the money and were not enough support. I tried the Aaahhh Bra in three different sizes and they do not fit.

Lets all band together and start demanding comfort, support AND sexy all in one!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

MNY I am 5' 0"" and full figured. You need to try other bra brands. So many have sections that aren't adjustable. I recommend freya. Herroom is good. I also like breakoutbras.com they have a great do it yourself fitting guide with a lot of pictures.
Super Contributor

On 7/16/2014 golfcartrider said:

I would like to find a bra that has the adjustment in the front the way they used to be. My girls are heavy and need to be lifted from the front NOT the back.

I would also like a bra that the underwire does not start poking through poking me under the arm. How hard can it be to stitch the underwire securely at the top.

For the most part I think that men design bras otherwise why would the be so uncomfortable.

I tried Breezies and they were not worth the money and were not enough support. I tried the Aaahhh Bra in three different sizes and they do not fit.

Lets all band together and start demanding comfort, support AND sexy all in one!

If a lot of your bras end up with the underwire coming out and poking you your bra size is probably too small. You're putting too much strain on the seams. That used to happen to me after a few months with most bras. Since I've resized myself ( much larger than I had been wearing) it has only happened once in 5 or 6 years