Trusted Contributor

Have you had a problem with Clarks sizing?

A couple of years ago, I bought four pairs of Clarks from the Q in one order.  Only one pair fit - the others had to be returned.  Recently, I thought I would try Clarks again, but only bought one pair.  They don't fit!  I don't have this problem with any other shoe line.  Is it just me, or have others who post here had issues with their sizing?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you had a problem with Clarks sizing?

No, never.  Clarks was my go-to shoe for many years and I never once had a fit problem.  Which is why I bought Clarks.  Of course, there were some styles that wouldn't work for my feet, which is true of any shoe brand.  Vionic and Earth have been my go-to brands for several years and  I have no fit problems with either brand but there are some styles that won't work for my feet.

Honored Contributor

No I have never had trouble with Clarks sizing or anything else.

Is it possible you need to size up or down?  Since I have gotten older and gained some weight my shoe size increased a 1/2 size.  Sigh!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

No. Every pair I get (and that is a lot!) fits perfectly. Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sashamatthews   I have purchased several Clarks shoes here and never had a size problem.  Ashland Bubble loafer, the Unstructured Unloop, Cloudsteppers sneakers with laces, and one other low slip on shoe that had two decorative buttons on a slant.  Also a closed toe sandal that could work with dresses or skirts or slacks that had a bit of a lift at the back on the bottom but essentially was closer to being a flat.

I have a very narrow foot but I have good luck ordering my usual 7.5.  If the Narrow is available I select that.  If not, I order the Medium Clarks.  But notice these are all closed in shoes.  Sizing down would never be an option for me since I have unusually long toes.  

In a boot that I am going to wear with hose plus heavy socks in some brands I have gone up a half size to 8 only in desperation just so I have snow protection for the winter.

You might try ordering from Zappos if you can't get to a physical shoe place to try shoes on.  Their delivery is pretty fast (even before Amazon bought them) and they offer free returns.

My son orders two or three pairs of the same model in different sizes and immediately returns the pair(s) that don't fit.

Good luck to you in your quest to find shoes that fit; it is so important to have comfortable ones.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 78 yrs young and I realized last year that I now wear size 6-1/2 wide in Clarks closed shoes instead of a size 7 wide (which I've worn for the last 20 years). I recently purchased several pairs of Ryka sneakers from Zappos - and ordered the 7 wide because Ryka's run on the smaller side.

I also suggest u puchase Clarks from Zappos - with their free shipping and free return.They have the best Customer Svce. If u call or email them - the rep could guide u about finding the right shoes.

For closed shoes, I can only wear Clarks.

For sneakers, I can only wear Rykas.

For clogs/MaryJanes, I can only wear Birkenstocks/Birkies.

I don't have any problems with my feet - but these are the only brands that are comfortable on me and they all last forever!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Over the years I bought 3 pairs - sandals about10 Year’s ago ,boots about 8 years. Ago and last summer- sandals again. Quality was fine for first two purchases.

The last sandals didn’t fit and just didn’t look “right” design-wise. No more Clark’s for me.
Honored Contributor

I bought several pairs of clarks and never had a good fit.  They all ended up  donated to good will.    I kept them thinking that I could get use to the fit..... but no.

Respected Contributor

I've only bought two pairs of Clarks, the first was last year, when I bought a pair of shoes on clearance.  I was surprised to find adequate arch supports, and the padding level was nice for my very arthritic right foot.  I ordered a wide size, and it fit well.  So, when Clarks had a sandal TSV recently, I took a chance on it.  I ordered a double wide, and it is STILL TOO NARROW, I can't get my right foot all the way into the shoe, so my ankle strap is too short to close.  How a regular W is fine and a WW is too narrow is beyond me, and now I am stuck either returning or buying some black velcro to extend the ankle strap!  Needless to say, no more Clarks for me.  I'm really frustrated trying to buy shoes from QVC, all the lines have sizing inconsistensies to a greater or lesser extent, so that I can't completely trust any brand.  Every time I take a chance recently, I'm disappointed, so I am buying less.  My local Birkenstock store is now carrying other brands, including Vionics, so I am buying shoes there instead.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews  Clarks use to be right out of the box fit for me but I would maybe 3 or 4 years ago that changed.  Usually too narrow.  I got sick sick of sending back.  I even sent an email to Clarks and they acted like the problem did not exist.

kindness is strength