Valued Contributor

Have any of you tried ASPORTUGUESAS?

I caught up with these when looking at some other QVC shoes and thought they looked comfortable and a bit different. I love a slip on mule/sneaker. The pair I am liking is A510978 in black: $126.00 + $10.97 s/h, and $120 + free s/h at Nordstrom. The brand is actually spelled ASPORTUGUESAS and they are from Fly London. 

product thumbnail 1

Honored Contributor

Re: Have any of you tried ASPORTUGUESAS?

@laluzdelmundo    Sounds like a newly discovered fungus but they look like Birkenstocks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes, to both. 

Honored Contributor

Yes...much too wide, but I do have a narrow foot and very narrow heel.

Sometimes, B width will fit if it runs narrow, usually by Italian designers.  Franco Sarto is one example.  

They were very good quality and comfortable.  Was sad they didn't fit.  

Esteemed Contributor

@laluzdelmundo I can only speak about Fly London.  The shoes I bought were high quality and worth the price.  Leather lined, which we don't see much.  I need wides and am mourning QVC's failure to continue to offer Fly London in  wides.  My feet are suffering from a desperate case of lack of good style.

Frequent Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@laluzdelmundo I can only speak about Fly London.  The shoes I bought were high quality and worth the price.  Leather lined, which we don't see much.  I need wides and am mourning QVC's failure to continue to offer Fly London in  wides.  My feet are suffering from a desperate case of lack of good style.

@NYCLatinaMeFly London is sold on Amazon.  I don't know about widths, but you could check there to see.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @BiggsE.. The wides were made for QVC.  Not carried anywhere else.  They said so, and I also searched the internet to be sure.  If this changes, and someone knows, please let me know.

But if they bring them back, I think QVC would be first, since they originated the demand.

I am hoping this is a covid related pause, and they bring them back.

And whatever happened to Vionic.  They used to carry good looking shoes in wides.  Now it's back to sandals and sneakers, which aren't even high quality.

Buying Propet, Spenco and ugh Skechers, which are comfy.  Even Earth is gone, and Clarks are more miss than hit, so I have cut them off (mostly).  I did get some Miz Mooz boots that were fabulous, and the next pair of boots I bought, same size, were short.  Which was weird because the second pair was suede, which ususally have more give. Miz Mooz doesn't seem to do shoes in wides, just boots and sandals.

I scour Amazon for wides.  Sizing is hit and miss there too, but returns are easy.

Frequent Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Thanks @BiggsE.. The wides were made for QVC.  Not carried anywhere else.  They said so, and I also searched the internet to be sure.  If this changes, and someone knows, please let me know.

But if they bring them back, I think QVC would be first, since they originated the demand.

I am hoping this is a covid related pause, and they bring them back.

And whatever happened to Vionic.  They used to carry good looking shoes in wides.  Now it's back to sandals and sneakers, which aren't even high quality.

Buying Propet, Spenco and ugh Skechers, which are comfy.  Even Earth is gone, and Clarks are more miss than hit, so I have cut them off (mostly).  I did get some Miz Mooz boots that were fabulous, and the next pair of boots I bought, same size, were short.  Which was weird because the second pair was suede, which ususally have more give. Miz Mooz doesn't seem to do shoes in wides, just boots and sandals.

I scour Amazon for wides.  Sizing is hit and miss there too, but returns are easy.

@NYCLatinaMe   I remember my mom having trouble trying to find wide widths.  This was years ago, but she chose shoes from a magazine way back then.  She had a larger foot that required a wider width, as she was a heavier set woman. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@BiggsE   My feet have always been wide, I think it's genetic.  I think I messed them up by squeezing them into regular sizes before I discovered stylish wides in my 30s.  And maybe by walking around the city in 3 inch heels in my 20s and 30s.  I am height challenged.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    You should commiserate with @ECBG .  She cried many a tear of frustration searching the world for Fly LONDON boots in wides.  They don't exist.  I know because I helped her look.  She'll have to tell us if she ever found a subsitute.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment