Respected Contributor

Has anyone purchased Harley Davidson boots?

I really would like a pair because they are cool looking.  I usually take a wide, but many of their styles don't come in wides.  Has anyone bought this brand before and how do they fit in the width?  I would not be wearing thick socks with them.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone purchased Harley Davidson boots?

Both my DH and one of my DD's own Harleys and they wear Harley boots. I can't offer any help with the "wide" issue but I do know that they both wear their normal size in these boots and they fit true. I would imagine that this would also be the case in the wide widths. If the medium width fits true for both of them then I would feel confident that would hold true for the wides also. I think even with a thinner sock you should still search out a wide if that is what you normally buy with other types of footwear.

Respected Contributor

I own 2 pair of HD boots, birth different styles. The brown ones I have are more of a motorcycle boot and I have them in my regular size 9 and I think they run a little wide, so I just wear thicker socks with these. My black pair are more of a dressier boot with a 2 1/2 inch heel and they aren't near as wide, but they have stretch some just from wearing them I've owned a few HD boots over the years and I don't ever remember any of them being narrow. I don't wear a wide width in any shoes, but my foot is not narrow at all either. HD boots are made by Wolverine so I don't know if you could research that brand or not. I know I'm probably no help, but thought I would share my experience. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, both. That does help.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had HD shoes and boots and my feet became so wide had to give my treasured HD footwear away. I find is best to try them on before buying to save from any dissapointment from sizing issues. I have had same experience with thier jeans and jackets. Hehehe Love all things HD!

Honored Contributor

Be very careful buying online.  DH checks occasionally and I can spot the fakes. 

Honored Contributor

I have two pairs of Harley boots and recommend them highly, absolutely the best boots I've ever had, but I'd recommend going and actually trying on the pair you like to make sure they fit  you.  

I had no problems, but my feet are an unremarkable 9M...  and I bought them years ago and am still wearing them.  My particular pair have flames up the sides that when my feet get warm, the red flames get a little redder, they're SO COOL!  I've actually been standing in line at a store and had a guy remark how cool my boots were, then his girlfriend then I had three people standing there admiring them... LOL!!

Just make sure (if you buy on-line) that they are authentic Harley Davidson (there are counterfeits out there) and that the website will allow you to return them with no problem should they hurt.... good luck~! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I also recommend going into an actual Harley Davidson Dealership and look at their selection and try them on there....  counterfeits are a huge problem.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

DH and I were browsing at a HD dealership a few months ago and I noticed a display with three styles of boots on sale. I tried my size in all three styles and none of them fit, each for a different reason. (Maybe that's why these particular models were on sale?) Anyway, I can't stress enough that you try them on before buying.