Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone pre-ordered and received the Earth TSV?

Well, I'm witholding judgement on these heels.  I was able to pick them up today at the post office, and slid my bare foot in them, the arthritic right foot.  I am going to have to wear stockings, the "wide" isn't really all that wide, and I'll need some slippery substance like nylons until the leather stretches a bit.  I will know tomorrow, after wearing them out to brunch and grocery shopping whether there is enough padding under the ball of my foot to keep the heel height comfortable.  I sure hope so, I don't want to wear Vionic platforms with elastic straps this summer.

Honored Contributor

If anyone that wears a 7.5 m dont like theirs hurry and return them so I can buy them As Is.  LOLSmiley LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Any feedback on how comfortable they are with plantar fasciitis?

Esteemed Contributor

I think the shoe is beautiful ,  but wonder bout the stability seeing that there is just that thin strap with Velcro.  Also it seems suede would be hot for the summer months and also look too fall .  I do love the blush a lot though.

Esteemed Contributor

The TSV sandal is pretty and the peep toe area isn't too big or cut straight across which can be irritating to the toes when flexing the shoe. And the coverage of the top of the foot is nice, it will hide what you don't want to show like a bunion or the top of the foot. The strap isn't too thick so that it will bother the ankle or top of the foot either.

Respected Contributor

Well, my black TSV sandlas did not even make it out of my house, and they are going back to QVC on Monday.  The ankle strap on the right shoe will not even go around my arthritic ankle.  I am very sure I could spend $100 at a shoe repair store to have the ankle strap elongated with two inches or so of shoe-strength black elastic, but frankly, I don't want to spend that much money "repairing" a shoe that I know will only last me a couple of years. 

With stockings I was easily able to slip the shoes on my wide feet (bought the wide size, too) and the footbed felt nice, but there's no way that ankle strap will ever go around my poor old ankle, and I won't spend another hundred bucks to "fix" a $70 sandal.

Valued Contributor

I believe this shoe is very similar to another one from Earth that was popular several years ago, but in smooth leather, not suede. I have it in black and taupe. I was excited to see the tsv until I saw that it was in suede. I just can't see wearing suede in the summer months. I woulnd't carry a suede handbag, so why would I wear suede shoes? Seems much too wintery, especially in Texas.

BTW, the leather version is quite comfortable, although on the narrow side.

Super Contributor

I preordered the Dark Khaki in 9.5 M. It's a great neutral, reading more Medium brown than green. My DH loves the look of them (especiallywhen compared to the 3 pairs of Alegria, including 2 of the TSV, that I just got. Those are kind of bulky looking, but the support is Heaven.) Because he likes the Earth ones, I'll keep them...but they won't be my go to shoes.

I found the padding more stiff than I'd want with the pitch of the wedge. My foot slips forward, and with a more squishy padding, that wouldn't happen. Since my foot slips forward, it's not sitting in the heel cup and the arch isn't hitting perfectedly. I'm at the age where comfort typically trumps style, and my feet have become really picky when it comes to comfort. But a woman with no foot issues would love these Earth TSVs...they are really cute. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

I believe this shoe is very similar to another one from Earth that was popular several years ago, but in smooth leather, not suede. I have it in black and taupe. I was excited to see the tsv until I saw that it was in suede. I just can't see wearing suede in the summer months. I woulnd't carry a suede handbag, so why would I wear suede shoes? Seems much too wintery, especially in Texas.

BTW, the leather version is quite comfortable, although on the narrow side.

@cotto22I totally agree with you.  I cant bring myself to wear any kind of suede in the summer.  It is to heavy for me.  I would of liked this in smooth leather.

Respected Contributor

Ordered the blush.  These are going to be super cute for work this spring/summer.  Love the color

Deb