Valued Contributor

Has anyone bought new shoes this year? If so, how many?

[ Edited ]

I haven't.  I bought shoes last year and have many that are in like new condition.  I don't go out much like many other people, so I probably won't buy any for the rest of the year.  I have a pair of ballet flats that I only wear inside and many slippers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone bought new shoes this year?

Yes! ive bought several Munro shoes. Also a great pair of Brooks running shoes. Munro shoes are the best!

Valued Contributor

@Goldengate8361  Afriend of mine wears Munro and loves them!  I have narrow feet, so they might be good for me, too!

Respected Contributor

The only shoes I purchased this year were two pairs of Vionic TS thong sandals with the tide foot bed. 

I would purchase the upcoming Vionic ankle boots if they weren't done with snake skin. I could use a new pair of well-built/supportive ankle boots this Fall season.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased four different kind of loafers, two pairs from QVC, one from Zappos and the other from Nine West. All of them have not been worn, thank you so much COVID-19!

oh oh oh and one pair of Clark's from the American base there's here, it is called Fort Benning.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

@jpie  Check out LLBean for ankle boots.  They are usually well made, although you may want to put in your own orthotic.  You could use the Vionic orthotics from your vionic shoes or boots.  They are not usually glued to the footbed.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 3 or 4 sandals before March. They are still in boxes and my winter shoes are still in the closet. Never swapped out.

I  have yard shoes & garden boots by the back door. A old pair of shoes that I've worn to the dentist twice.

In the house I'm  barefoot.  I wear slippers when I'm working at home and peddling my Cubi.

Valued Contributor

@Dinaki  I had a pair of Nine West loafers that I "wore into the ground"!  Loved them and would buy again if they were still sold!

Trusted Contributor

I bought two pairs of shoes this year. A pair of Earth sandals and a pair ofKeds tennis shoes. The sandals I've worn a lot, the Keds are still in the box. I will wear them when the weather cools down.

Esteemed Contributor

@pprmntstx If you have narrow feet, I highly recommend Munro shoes! They are just about the only brand that fit me well. Most brands' narrow is still too wide for me. And, the quality of Munros is superb. They are pricey, but well worth it.