Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone bought new shoes this year?

Yes, I bought new Skechers athletic shoes but I also had to remove the hard plastic heel cup inside the back of the shoe (between the lining and outer fabric by cutting into the lining at the bottom of the shoe and use pliers to bust out the plastic as I have a haglund deformity and an achilles tendinopathy in my left heel and anything that rubs the back of my heel is a no.

I've also bought 2 pair of wedge sandals with no backs on them, one pair by Clarks and the other by Skechers.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@jpie Just thought you'd like to know Foot Smart carries all sorts of orthotics  and things for shoes and feet.Smiley Happy

I've used them for years.

-----

Thank you!  I'll check out their selection.

I have had great success with the Spenco 3/4 length inserts. It's time to order another pair soon!

Frequent Contributor

I haven't bought any new shoes this year, so far!

Contributor

No, I haven't bought any shoes this year!

Contributor

No new shoes yet this year!

Honored Contributor

I don't gon't go out much and I wear thick socks around the house but I love footwear.  I did buy the recent Ryka TSV, in leopard.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought they were boot for snow and ice but they are actually a cute, very lightweight ankle boot that feels like a sneaker.  I'll be wearing them a lot.  I also bought a pink suede ankle boot.  I'm thinking about returning them because they are heavy and my feet can't tolerate a heavy boot anymore.  They fit well but I don't want to wear them and end up kicking them off under the table.  That's it, I am going to be strong and avoid temptation.  No more footwear until next spring or summer.  I have everything I could possible need.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought 1 adorable pair of sandals, camuto, silver with ankle strap. NEVER wore them. 
Not buying anymore because I'm not going anywhere... ! 

Honored Contributor

I've purchased four new pair of sneakers. 

Two athletic pairs for cardio workouts and power walks.  Two fashion pairs that are really cute, including one pair of Isaac Mizrahi color-block sneakers that are fabulous.

Frequent Contributor

I just got a pair of Tieks in tangerine for fall.  I don't know if I'm going to keep them.  My recently pedicured toes feel smashed!

Frequent Contributor

@seaglass1

@seaglass1 wrote:

I just got a pair of Tieks in tangerine for fall.  I don't know if I'm going to keep them.  My recently pedicured toes feel smashed!

Sent them back.