Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Received the Dooney Nov. 15th TSV Yet? What is the Leather Like?

I've been carrying my grey TSV for the past week or so and LOVE it - even after my little oops - My daughters and I had a quick bite at Taco Bell - I had a couple of those little taco sauce packs left so I dropped them in my handbag - get home later in the day and one of the packs had gotten squished and leaked out onto the fabric - I was so mad at myself - brand new Dooney with taco sauce stains! Got out my go to cleaner - Awesome Orange - damped the area with water and sprayed a healthy dose of cleaner -let it sit for a couple minutes and thank goodness the taco stain came out and my beautiful Dooney is as good as new!

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 DianeLovesPurses said:

I've been carrying my grey TSV for the past week or so and LOVE it - even after my little oops - My daughters and I had a quick bite at Taco Bell - I had a couple of those little taco sauce packs left so I dropped them in my handbag - get home later in the day and one of the packs had gotten squished and leaked out onto the fabric - I was so mad at myself - brand new Dooney with taco sauce stains! Got out my go to cleaner - Awesome Orange - damped the area with water and sprayed a healthy dose of cleaner -let it sit for a couple minutes and thank goodness the taco stain came out and my beautiful Dooney is as good as new!

Let this be a lesson to you. Leave the excess taco sauce on the table!

Glad you love the purse!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

how do we purchase the nov. TSV? thx
Super Contributor

On 11/6/2014 DianeLovesPurses said:

I've been carrying my grey TSV for the past week or so and LOVE it - even after my little oops - My daughters and I had a quick bite at Taco Bell - I had a couple of those little taco sauce packs left so I dropped them in my handbag - get home later in the day and one of the packs had gotten squished and leaked out onto the fabric - I was so mad at myself - brand new Dooney with taco sauce stains! Got out my go to cleaner - Awesome Orange - damped the area with water and sprayed a healthy dose of cleaner -let it sit for a couple minutes and thank goodness the taco stain came out and my beautiful Dooney is as good as new! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

hi, how did u get your bag early?
Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 MeganRose said: how do we purchase the nov. TSV? thx

A262990

Super Contributor

D&B on hautelook today...

Respected Contributor

All handbag manufacturers seem to make a range of quality/price in their handbags. I just got a pebbled leather zip zip and although I love the bag I can see that this pebbled leather is not as thick as earlier pebbled leathers. Also the inside pockets are not trimmed with leather... they are plain fabric. I don't think I would have noticed except that I had just switched out of a similar style satchel I got years ago. This new zip zip is much less expensive than my other satchel, but I can see the quality differences. I'll be more alert to these things for future purchases, and I'll have to decide if I get enough pleasure from the less expensive bags to want to add them to my collection. It's not like I need another handbag.

Honored Contributor

True, there are different levels within almost any brand... The concern I'm having with this TSV is that to get it home, the price really isn't 'all that'. While I can see that Dooney keeps upping the price ante, I guess I'd expect that for close to three bills (and no, I don't care about the essentially throw away accessories (and no, I don't throw then away, it's just a figure of speech) the bag would be a good solid quality. Maybe not up there with Florentine or the even higher priced spread, but not questionable either... Maybe the preponderance of them will prove to be great bags. Certainly, when this kind of volume is involved there are going to be lemons...

Respected Contributor

On 11/6/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

All handbag manufacturers seem to make a range of quality/price in their handbags. I just got a pebbled leather zip zip and although I love the bag I can see that this pebbled leather is not as thick as earlier pebbled leathers. Also the inside pockets are not trimmed with leather... they are plain fabric. I don't think I would have noticed except that I had just switched out of a similar style satchel I got years ago. This new zip zip is much less expensive than my other satchel, but I can see the quality differences. I'll be more alert to these things for future purchases, and I'll have to decide if I get enough pleasure from the less expensive bags to want to add them to my collection. It's not like I need another handbag.

That's good to know. I have wanted this bag since it came out but keep missing it on sale sites and the color I wanted. Thought I would wait for 12DOD and see if they offer it. I wondered about the leather. I don't need another one either. I still haven't carried the TSV hobo I ordered months ago and I'm glad I don't like totes so this TSV doesn't tempt me at all.

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 luvmyteddy said:
On 11/6/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

That's good to know. I have wanted this bag since it came out but keep missing it on sale sites and the color I wanted. Thought I would wait for 12DOD and see if they offer it. I wondered about the leather. I don't need another one either. I still haven't carried the TSV hobo I ordered months ago and I'm glad I don't like totes so this TSV doesn't tempt me at all.

I don't know... Given the handle or strap configuration and the dimensions of this one, I guess I see it as almost more of a satchel than a tote. Granted, it's a more N-S bag, but not so big... Than again, I'm one of those that thinks a tote needs to be more about size than shape!