Super Contributor

May I suggest to the OP that Macy's has really good sales on handbags. I just received a ""Tea for Two"" crème brulle in Ivory and Honey soft leather and I love it I only paid $79.00 including shipping and tax. The same bag is selling on the Q for $99.00!

Super Contributor
I'm from California. I bought 16 years ago when property was cheap, right before the real estate boom. We had several crises or the house could have been paid off. My house value has gone up,about $20k in the last few years so things are getting better, but they will never be like they were.
On 7/1/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 7/1/2014 Nikalette said:Kitty. In my town I could rent a house for a little less, but I am held hostage by my pets! Anyway when I bought my house 16 years ago, the payment was $750, paid $159k. Had to refinance a couple of times. Before the bottom dropped out of,the market, when I owed $250k, I could have sold for $450k! The worst thing is my ex told me to sell, but I didn't believe him. Now, I owe about $270k and would be lucky to clear a few thousand. I keep hoping the market will improve. Wouldn't it be nice to rent? Except for the enormous tax write off!

Nikalette, which state are you from? It's very unfortunate about the house, but I understand you not wanting to sell it. Hope the real estate market improves in your area! It's improving in California. My house is worth $30K more than when I bought it roughly 1.5 years ago! I guess I should thank the economy... Yes, houses are expensive, but renting all your life can get expensive too, and more stressful if you have to move every few years or so...

Anyway, back to the handbags....I REALLY wish to know how some women/people in general can afford expensive stuff because I want to be there too....My only conclusion based on what I saw is, you have to have your own business to make millions....Not happening in my life anytime soon....haha....but oh well, at least I make enough to be able to afford a few moderately priced good quality handbags....Some women spend hundreds of dollars on cigarettes or starbucks....everybody's budget is different!

Valued Contributor

Nikalette, that's cool! Which part of CA if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Sacramento. Would love to live in OC one day but only if I work from home or live close to work Smiley Wink LOVE the ocean! I used to travel to SoCal a lot for work a few years ago. Only lived in CA for 8 years now.

Super Contributor
You must be HOT!!!! I mean temperature wise. I live in the wine country, Northern Ca, upper Bay Area. You know what. When I was young and my dad died, my mom could have bought their rental for $35,000. It included 2 flats and 2 garden apts. ours was the upper flat. It was 2 stories. Living room, dining, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, entry hall, and breakfast nook downstairs. Upstairs, a huge bedroom, full bath, and sunroom...completely glassed in, size of a small bedroom, with an ocean view, in S.F. sunset, oh and 2 separate large garages. Sigh. Would be worth at least 3 million today.

Nikalette, that's cool! Which part of CA if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Sacramento. Would love to live in OC one day but only if I work from home or live close to work Smiley Wink LOVE the ocean! I used to travel to SoCal a lot for work a few years ago. Only lived in CA for 8 years now.

Valued Contributor
On 7/2/2014 Nikalette said:You must be HOT!!!! I mean temperature wise. I live in the wine country, Northern Ca, upper Bay Area. You know what. When I was young and my dad died, my mom could have bought their rental for $35,000. It included 2 flats and 2 garden apts. ours was the upper flat. It was 2 stories. Living room, dining, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, entry hall, and breakfast nook downstairs. Upstairs, a huge bedroom, full bath, and sunroom...completely glassed in, size of a small bedroom, with an ocean view, in S.F. sunset, oh and 2 separate large garages. Sigh. Would be worth at least 3 million today.

That's very cool! I traveled to Novato and Napa for work and really liked that area. And yes, it's super HOT in here.... but it's not in 100s anymore Smiley Happy

Well, I bet $35 k back then was a lot of money....and since the real estate market has its ups and downs, I'm planning to keep my house until it's paid off... hopefully I won't end up having to short sale.... I got only 3.5% interest.....but you know....it's Sacramento area.... the job market I'm more interested in is in the Bay Area but at this point I'm better off where I am at....it's a trade off.....anyway, hope you like your handbags but I agree, you should send them all back and get the Gucci! Smiley Happy

Lisa is ok but I don't see how anyone would mistaken her black GILI for the Gucci!!! No way!!!

Super Contributor
Well, tough kitty, I went ahead and ordered the Gucci. If it is as awesome as I expect, I will send back my Roma's because it is truly driving me crazy trying to make a decision. I think I'd be happier with my off white Aimee python, and Aimee's red Lindy and the Gucci which is midnight blue. Very patriotic for July 4 which was my mom's birthday, although she was a New Zealand native. pretty excited.
On 7/2/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 7/2/2014 Nikalette said:You must be HOT!!!! I mean temperature wise. I live in the wine country, Northern Ca, upper Bay Area. You know what. When I was young and my dad died, my mom could have bought their rental for $35,000. It included 2 flats and 2 garden apts. ours was the upper flat. It was 2 stories. Living room, dining, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, entry hall, and breakfast nook downstairs. Upstairs, a huge bedroom, full bath, and sunroom...completely glassed in, size of a small bedroom, with an ocean view, in S.F. sunset, oh and 2 separate large garages. Sigh. Would be worth at least 3 million today.

That's very cool! I traveled to Novato and Napa for work and really liked that area. And yes, it's super HOT in here.... but it's not in 100s anymore Smiley Happy

Well, I bet $35 k back then was a lot of money....and since the real estate market has its ups and downs, I'm planning to keep my house until it's paid off... hopefully I won't end up having to short sale.... I got only 3.5% interest.....but you know....it's Sacramento area.... the job market I'm more interested in is in the Bay Area but at this point I'm better off where I am at....it's a trade off.....anyway, hope you like your handbags but I agree, you should send them all back and get the Gucci! Smiley Happy

Lisa is ok but I don't see how anyone would mistaken her black GILI for the Gucci!!! No way!!!

Valued Contributor

Nikalette, hope you like the Gucci! Post a pic when you get it! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
I haven't figure out how to post a pic on the forums ...from my IPad. Anyone know?
On 7/3/2014 tough_kitty said:

Nikalette, hope you like the Gucci! Post a pic when you get it! Smiley Happy