Super Contributor
I wpuld love to get a new handbag...but..... why in the world would I get one that cost more than my car or house payment!#!!## Thats just plain NUTS!
Honored Contributor

So don't get one that does. You know that not everyone has a house or a car payment, right? And that those payments aren't all the same for people who do have them.

Buy whatever you're comfortable with and don't be surprised when others buy what they're comfortable with.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

So don't get one that does. You know that not everyone has a house or a car payment, right? And that those payments aren't all the same for people who do have them.

Buy whatever you're comfortable with and don't be surprised when others buy what they're comfortable with.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Precisely, and do we really need YET another thread about what some are willing to spend for a handbag? No, we don't.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/3/2014 stevieb said:
On 3/3/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

So don't get one that does. You know that not everyone has a house or a car payment, right? And that those payments aren't all the same for people who do have them.<br /> <br /> Buy whatever you're comfortable with and don't be surprised when others buy what they're comfortable with.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Precisely, and do we really need YET another thread about what some are willing to spend for a handbag? No, we don't.

I agree!! I wish my house payment was a dooney payment. I have a job and if I want to spend over 300 for a handbag so be it. I'm not asking the poster that started this thread to pay for it.
Honored Contributor

Bling, I wish my mortgage OR HOA fee were the price of a bag too... If only...

Wink

I guess we're just, well according to the OP, nuts...

But then I guess other folks would consider spending big bucks on other things nuts...

Beyond the basics, priorities are relative. It's too bad some folks seem not to get that.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Why all the defensive replies to the OP? She is entitled to her opinion as well as all of you. You didn't have to post on her thread, since obviously you all purchase designer handbags. Maybe other people who want to spend less on a handbag could have some constructive suggestions for her. There is so much negativity in these forums. You would think she insulted each of you personally. I don't get it. Just go to another thread. This is why the forums are dying. So many people have jumped ship on these.

Wow - I'm so glad you gave all of us a lesson in economics and how people are different. Duh! She is speaking for herself and many others who can't drop $300 on a handbag, yet still want a nice one.

Trusted Contributor

Why all the defensive replies to the OP? She is entitled to her opinion as well as all of you. You didn't have to post on her thread, since obviously you all purchase designer handbags. Maybe other people who want to spend less on a handbag could have some constructive suggestions for her. There is so much negativity in these forums. You would think she insulted each of you personally. I don't get it. Just go to another thread. This is why the forums are dying. So many people have jumped ship on these.

Wow - I'm so glad you gave all of us a lesson in economics and how people are different. Duh! She is speaking for herself and many others who can't drop $300 on a handbag, yet still want a nice one.

Occasional Contributor
On 3/3/2014 irishwoman said: I wpuld love to get a new handbag...but..... why in the world would I get one that cost more than my car or house payment!#!!## Thats just plain NUTS!

You are right, it would be nuts to spend outside your means. If only everyone had this common sense, especially the US government. It's unfortunate when you hear about people who are on food stamps or welfare and have expensive shoes, cell phones, jewelry etc.

Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2014 misschristy said:

Except maybe you don't actually think we are equally entitled to our opinions, since you immediately follow that up by saying that we didn't need to give our opinions. That whole "entitled to my opinion" line is always funny when it's followed by getting mad and saying you didn't need to post your opinion.

Honored Contributor

...then don't buy one. It's neither a federal nor a state law. So, what was the point of this post?