Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Aficionados: What lucky bag are you carrying today?

On 11/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 11/10/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 11/10/2014 stevieb said:

I switched into a black Ralph Lauren satchel tote with very minimal gold tone hardware for the day... At some point, I really want to test drive a new-ish Arcadia satchel with a turn lock exterior pocket I picked up a while back. It's the most luscious taupe-grey color!

Call me an enabler; but if you order from the place in the jungle in South America, and you use the code, 20OFFVET, you can practically steal that cognac bag.

Adding: I'm referring to the afore mentioned Kelsi Dagger.

Wow! Enabler or not, that was very kind of you and as a result, well, yes, I went into the darkest jungle (and without a guide to keep me safe and sane...) late last evening and pursued a cognac hide...

Wink

How about you, did you grab this one too?

I really shouldn't have and knew I shouldn't have, and so maybe it's time for me to adopt the 'one in/one out' plan that seems to work for many of us... In this case, I guess that means the remaining GILI hobo is destined for a return trip to West Chester. It was easy this time, because that trip was pretty much scheduled anyway...

Smile

Guilty as charged.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Adding: I don't really feel too guilty though as I have pretty much decided I'm not interested in the Dooney TSV. These KD bags are really more my style in their simplicity. Don't get me wrong, I do love Dooney, but I wasn't loving the colors offered in the TSV. Even the camel isn't as nice as the KD cognac. (IMO, of course.)

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 11/10/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 11/10/2014 stevieb said:

I switched into a black Ralph Lauren satchel tote with very minimal gold tone hardware for the day... At some point, I really want to test drive a new-ish Arcadia satchel with a turn lock exterior pocket I picked up a while back. It's the most luscious taupe-grey color!

Call me an enabler; but if you order from the place in the jungle in South America, and you use the code, 20OFFVET, you can practically steal that cognac bag.

Adding: I'm referring to the afore mentioned Kelsi Dagger.

Wow! Enabler or not, that was very kind of you and as a result, well, yes, I went into the darkest jungle (and without a guide to keep me safe and sane...) late last evening and pursued a cognac hide...

Wink

How about you, did you grab this one too?

I really shouldn't have and knew I shouldn't have, and so maybe it's time for me to adopt the 'one in/one out' plan that seems to work for many of us... In this case, I guess that means the remaining GILI hobo is destined for a return trip to West Chester. It was easy this time, because that trip was pretty much scheduled anyway...

Smile

Guilty as charged.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Adding: I don't really feel too guilty though as I have pretty much decided I'm not interested in the Dooney TSV. These KD bags are really more my style in their simplicity. Don't get me wrong, I do love Dooney, but I wasn't loving the colors offered in the TSV. Even the camel isn't as nice as the KD cognac. (IMO, of course.)

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It is a very simple yet stylish bag and I look forward to its arrival. I was torn between cognac and blush... I later noted that, uh, habit forming... Amazon affiliate was offering the bag for even less, but only in black and in blush and I had ordered the cognac. Now, having the most serious case of bag OCD in recorded history, I'm having to check my impulse to order the blush!

As for the Dooney TSV, I go back and forth but won't order it until I see it presented and probably even then. I just don't think it's that 'special' a deal...

Thanks again for the tip!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You're welcome. I too was considering the blush, but unfortunately, the black handles aren't doing it for me.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Also, who has the black and the blush for less? Onlineshoes had the same price (before the coupon discount) and no sales tax, but I hadn't found it elsewhere for less than that.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You're welcome. I too was considering the blush, but unfortunately, the black handles aren't doing it for me.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Also, who has the black and the blush for less? Onlineshoes had the same price (before the coupon discount) and no sales tax, but I hadn't found it elsewhere for less than that.

I saw them for, are you sitting down... $105... at My Habit, which is essentially Amazon... Go figure...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Bluegrassbaby: I like your "The Jenny" bag from Rioni! I'm checking out Rioni bags online and wonder if the ones on Amazon at a lower price are okay or should I choose from the Rioni website?

SANNA: I LOVE YOUR PRETTY RED BAG FROM FLORENCE, ITALY. {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

TK: Your November resolutions "I need to concentrate on other things like staying away from QVC, reading more books (novels), losing some weight, and NOT shopping!!! Smiley Happy" are also mine! Hope we can keep them!!! Wink

Stevieb: Congratulations on tidying up your closets and making an inventory of your handbags! Good for you! A few months ago I made a master list of where each bag is HIDING in our house and then when I want to change my purse, I go to the list, peruse and choose! It also helped me to pare down those I don't think I would use again. Making that list was a huge eye opener! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

RDM: This is a GREAT THREAD!!!! Thanks for starting it. To keep on topic, I am carrying the D&B Croco Fino in Taupe, which is super cool with the light veining. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Highlighted
Super Contributor

EEL: Thank you!

I love the D&B Croco Fino satchels. I find them very elegant and sophisticated. I have one in Cognac... I might have to take her out this week and show her some love.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

Bluegrassbaby: I like your "The Jenny" bag from Rioni! I'm checking out Rioni bags online and wonder if the ones on Amazon at a lower price are okay or should I choose from the Rioni website?

SANNA: I LOVE YOUR PRETTY RED BAG FROM FLORENCE, ITALY. {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

TK: Your November resolutions "I need to concentrate on other things like staying away from QVC, reading more books (novels), losing some weight, and NOT shopping!!! Smiley Happy" are also mine! Hope we can keep them!!! Wink

Stevieb: Congratulations on tidying up your closets and making an inventory of your handbags! Good for you! A few months ago I made a master list of where each bag is HIDING in our house and then when I want to change my purse, I go to the list, peruse and choose! It also helped me to pare down those I don't think I would use again. Making that list was a huge eye opener! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

RDM: This is a GREAT THREAD!!!! Thanks for starting it. To keep on topic, I am carrying the D&B Croco Fino in Taupe, which is super cool with the light veining. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

EEL, the croco fino is beautiful in almost all colors and I loved the taupe option, so very different and classic... As for my inventory, well, let's just say it's a work in progress...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I saw them for, are you sitting down... $105... at My Habit, which is essentially Amazon... Go figure...

Now that's a steal!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you EdithEllenLilly!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Been carrying this one (Badgley Mischka Sawyer Hobo), but I'll be changing out in a day or two. I'm not sure what I'll be switching to, yet.

Badgley Mischka Sawyer Leather Hobo in Purple (garnet)

Member Since 11/20/2008