Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Aficionados: What lucky bag are you carrying today?

Kelsi Dagger Wythe Satchel today.

Super Contributor

twopeas, I don't own any Fossil handbags... yet. I've purchased their watches before and absolutely love them - great quality and very affordable.

jaxs mom, I love me some Dooney. Speaking of which, did your replacement Logo Lock ship?

faeriemoon, gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing ladies!

Smile

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 rdiazMiami said:

stevieb, congrats on your new Dooney tote; it sounds lovely!

What I love most about these "what bag are you carrying" threads is looking up bags people are writing about.

I wasn't familiar with Marc Cross handbags, now, thanks to your post, I am. The Scottie collection is very nice. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

This handbag habit of mine started last year (coincides with my older son going off to college {#emotions_dlg.crying}). I used to be a one black bag till it died kind of girl.

I've come a long way. Too long... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Thanks RD...

As a point of information (and in the interest of full disclosure {#emotions_dlg.laugh}), Mark Cross has been around, off and on, for a very, very long time and the brand has been periodically reinvented... I got my bags (two satchels and two hobos, along with a leather and nylon small tote) a number of years ago. At that point, while it was still a 'luxury' brand, it wasn't offered along the lines of the the rather significant price points you see in today's Mark Cross line! When I nabbed mine, things were still measured in the hundreds, not in the thousands!

Glad you started the thread. I too enjoy them and have grown sort of weary of all the many GILI threads, so had been toying with starting an "it's fall: what are you carrying and/or buying" thread, but never got around to it!

Interesting that you developed your little handbag, uh, 'problem'... as your baby was heading off to school! Gracious, you just have to hope it doesn't escalate as the others start fleeing the nest!

Wink

I've long had a rather serious desire to accumulate handbags, but it's only been put into serious action over the past decade or so, which is plenty of time to have done some damage... I was tidying up the closets last night and said to myself, how utterly ridiculous my little 'problem' has become. At least, as of today, I'm sworn off any new acquisitions... Let's see how long that resolution holds...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Bluegrassbaby said:

I'm carrying The Jenny bag by Rioni...I think stevie is the only other poster who knows the brand. While it's not a widely known brand, they do turn a few heads for double takes.

They're a nicely kept little secret, aren't they! But every once in a while a thread surfaces here about them joined in by a few of us who know and enjoy this Italian brand... I think some folks just see them as LV 'knock offs', but I think they have plenty going for them in their own right and heaven only knows, the prices are a good bit more affordable! I love Rioni and have several bags by them, all well made, well used and very sturdy! Enjoy that pretty Jenny bag!

Honored Contributor

I LOVE my handbags.... for the last few weeks I've been carrying my all black Dooney & Bourke Clayton... one of my favorites.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Coach Signature
Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 twopeas said:

Right now I'm carrying a Fossil. Distressed luggage color.

I've got a larger satchel in the distressed luggage choice and it's very pretty. I don't carry it often because it's almost the size of a business case, but is a great looking bag!

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 faeriemoon said:

Kelsi Dagger Wythe Satchel today. Smile

A very pretty bag and some nice color options... I've really been liking her bags lately. I got a black suede and leather satchel recently and love it. Wish the Q had pushed her line a bit more than they did. I see they still carry it, but don't know if they ever add new choices and haven't seen her on air at all lately.

Frequent Contributor

My Brahmin Mini Elisa in ruby.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/9/2014 SugarBabyJ said:

My Brahmin Mini Elisa in ruby.

Ohhhhh...I really like that one. I hauled out my purple Dooney. Our weather is 77 degrees in No. Ca. Hard to get into the Fall mood. It should cool down at the end of the week.