Respected Contributor

Re: Grand-Niece, 16 wearing high heels shoes stilletos

In my opinion these young women are emulating what they are seeing on the network news. It can be frigid out and the local newscaster comes on half naked dressed like she is going to a Havanna nightclub.

im so sad for our once great nation, God only knows what it look like in 50 years at this rate but I can tell you one thing: it won't be good.

i have to think social media is at play here too. Perhaps todays youth instead should be forced to deposit all cell phones in a bin at the beginning of school and pick them up at the end of the day. Quite frankly all they do is stare at a phone. I have to wonder if I think is contributing to an increase in depression Amongst teenagers. When it was a teen no one was depressed. Now it seems commonplace with kids seeing therapists and medicated.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

In my opinion these young women are emulating what they are seeing on the network news. It can be frigid out and the local newscaster comes on half naked dressed like she is going to a Havanna nightclub.

im so sad for our once great nation, God only knows what it look like in 50 years at this rate but I can tell you one thing: it won't be good.

i have to think social media is at play here too. Perhaps todays youth instead should be forced to deposit all cell phones in a bin at the beginning of school and pick them up at the end of the day. Quite frankly all they do is stare at a phone. I have to wonder if I think is contributing to an increase in depression Amongst teenagers. When it was a teen no one was depressed. Now it seems commonplace with kids seeing therapists and medicated.

The ones I know do not watch the nightly news and weather. 

You our should have heard my Grandparents complain about my generation. Rock and roll and all, etc.etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever, I disagree with just about everything in your post, but what really struck me was your thinking that no teen was depressed when you were young. That sort of takes the cake.

What depresses me is that you and many others seem to view anything after a certain year as indicative of some disastrous moral collapse.

Maybe try to remove those rose-colored glasses and attempt to understand and appreciate each generation as they come and go.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Wow! first you want the Q hosts to be fired in another thread and now you're complaining again.  What don't you complain about?  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

How many teenagers are watching the news on TV these days? And network news at that? The ones I know barely watch any tv at all. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval