Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grand-Niece, 16 wearing high heels shoes stilletos

@Starpolisher wrote:

While I was teaching, I considered stiletto's to be inappropriate for both the students and the teachers. Not just for safety reasons but also IMO not professional or business looking. Some of the clothing worn by both the young staff, older wannabe-young/staff and the students ( tight clothes, low cut tops with cleavage showing, stiletto's, tight pants) was just another distraction in an environment that, at least where I taught, surely didn't need any more obstacles to be added. Here are three true examples in classrooms where I was a special ed inclusion teacher.

1.Teacher in this class, always in stilletto's, tight clothing- 8th grade boys began calling her "left- right" as she walked away.

2.Teacher consistently wearing low cut tops, cleavage showing-6th grade boys, ogling and saying "juggs."

3.Male teacher who wore tight pants- students(particularly one girl) saying he was gay, rumors spread. administration had to step in. 

Interpret it anyway you like.Smiley Frustrated

I interpreted this as sexual harassment coming at a very early age. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't believe that my county is the only one that has a dress code in place for ALL grades 1-12.

Very high heels are on the list of not permitted in high school. What is common are 2 inch chunky heels and tennis shoes.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

While I was teaching, I considered stiletto's to be inappropriate for both the students and the teachers. Not just for safety reasons but also IMO not professional or business looking. Some of the clothing worn by both the young staff, older wannabe-young/staff and the students ( tight clothes, low cut tops with cleavage showing, stiletto's, tight pants) was just another distraction in an environment that, at least where I taught, surely didn't need any more obstacles to be added. Here are three true examples in classrooms where I was a special ed inclusion teacher.

1.Teacher in this class, always in stilletto's, tight clothing- 8th grade boys began calling her "left- right" as she walked away.

2.Teacher consistently wearing low cut tops, cleavage showing-6th grade boys, ogling and saying "juggs."

3.Male teacher who wore tight pants- students(particularly one girl) saying he was gay, rumors spread. administration had to step in. 

@MoJoV, how so?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  How so?  I read numbers 1 2 and 3.  "Juggs" saying "left right" while walking behind a teacher....gay rumors.  Whatever someone is wearing  doesn't give students a right to harass teachers. It's the old "asking for it" excuse.  Maybe if we call out this behaviour early we won't be dealing with it later.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@suzyQ3  How so?  I read numbers 1 2 and 3.  "Juggs" saying "left right" while walking behind a teacher....gay rumors.  Whatever someone is wearing  doesn't give students a right to harass teachers. It's the old "asking for it" excuse.  Maybe if we call out this behaviour early we won't be dealing with it later.

Got it, @MoJoV. Thanks for the clarification.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

OP, aghast?  Too dramatic.  So what if the teen is wearing stilettos.  Let her express herself.   All teens (I'll bet you did too) express themselves in different ways.....hair color or style, clothes, shoes, whatever.  Stilettos are a lot better than drugs, flunking school, sex, and worse.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@MoJoV, how so?

I would call it sexual harassment too...coming from the kids toward their teacher.   Any unwanted sexual action/word made toward someone is sexual harssment.  Kids need to learn that early on.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@MoJoV, how so?

I would call it sexual harassment too...coming from the kids toward their teacher.   Any unwanted sexual action/word made toward someone is sexual harssment.  Kids need to learn that early on.  

@CalminHeart, see my Post #45. :-)

Honored Contributor

I saw a girl in the restaurant yesterday, running down the hall, maybe 10-2 years old, wearing a wedge like the Fly London.  I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

Our county dress code policy does not allow high heels for students.