Valued Contributor
Jaxs mom, they are showing our bags again! I gotta say, I'm in love with this bag every time I see it presented. I do like the dark grey so I think I'll keep it after all. Can't say I'm in love with TSV.
Honored Contributor

I was loving the bordeaux last night, but I think I'm waiting for the aqua to come back.

I don't really like the TSV either.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
On 11/13/2014 KJPA said:

I don't know how people live with themselves pulling stunts like that. I could never intentionally return something without all the pieces!

It could have been used as an on-air sample and become separated from its coin purse.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
Hi - would definitely return your bag. The accessories are part of the best part! I own the same bag in the NAVY. It is one of my favorite of all bags I own.
Honored Contributor

I paid FULL PRICE for an ivy bag and it came minus the coin purse.

When I called CS, they said this happens VERY frequently with returns.They couldn't guarantee that if I exchanged the bag that it would happen again either! They should charge the crooks and ban them from QVC forever, IMO.

I basically bought this for the coin purse, so when I found out I could by one at dooney.com or Ilovedonney.com - I just bought the coin purse minus all the hassles.

Honored Contributor
On 11/16/2014 terrier3 said:

I paid FULL PRICE for an ivy bag and it came minus the coin purse.

When I called CS, they said this happens VERY frequently with returns.They couldn't guarantee that if I exchanged the bag that it would happen again either! They should charge the crooks and ban them from QVC forever, IMO.

I basically bought this for the coin purse, so when I found out I could by one at dooney.com or Ilovedonney.com - I just bought the coin purse minus all the hassles.

Well I certainly hope they made some kind of adjustment to your paying full price and not getting what you were supposed to get. It's bad enough when this happens with as-is purchases, but it really should never happen when paying full price and theoretically buying new.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would have returned it, regardless if they can't guarantee it won't happen again. They shouldn't charge you for a return when you don't get all the items.

My coin purse came in so handy yesterday when I went to Petsmart. I took my Chihuahua with me along with her Vera Bradley pet carrier, because her feet fall through the cart and this way she can sit in the bag, in the cart. I didn't want to carry two bags so I just put my phone in the coin purse along with my cards and drivers license and put that in her Vera bags zip pocket. Very convenient.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Of course if they had a QUALITY CONTROL person to actually INSPECT RETURNS BEFORE RE-SENDING them, this sort of thing would happen a lot less... What a concept...

Respected Contributor

In the old days (and I've been shopping with Q for decades) quality control departments inspected each and every item coming in... returns or new merchandise. At least that is what they told us. But for Q, and industry in general, the focus on quality control has changed.

In order to get a handle on quality and in the belief that it was less expensive to do it right the first time than to correct problems (less expensive in terms of actual costs as well as customer loyalty and overall sales) companies put a strong focus on quality. That was back in the 80's and 90's. Like all good ideas, many companies overdid it. So over time the focus changed and quality control became less of a priority.

Then the recession hit and companies looked for more ways to cut costs. Proactive focus, like quality control, was one area that got hit. Now we are lucky if corporations spot check new inventory. Do they assume that manufacturers are checking each item as it leaves the factory? That won't be happening if they are negotiating for rock bottom prices. As for returns, who knows how carefully they are checked and how well trained the workers are or how much time they are permitted to spend on each item..

And I'm sure companies have lots of financial numbers to support their current approach. And it will stay this way until it gets so bad that customers move on to higher quality (and higher cost) alternatives. Bottom line.... there is a cost of quality.... you either pay for it now or later, whether you are a customer or a company. (Cost=time+money+satisfaction+loyalty)

Honored Contributor

And isn't it a shame that post recession, not that we're really there yet, most companies will not reinstate customer focused practices but will merely pocket any profit realized as a result of downsizing they did when doing so might well have been necessary...?