Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight That makes sense - thank you. 

Valued Contributor
@newjerseygirl I have a serious question for you and I seriously am not trying to be argumentative. If it is insensitive to sell $100+ sandals right now what would you have QVC sell? I am not particularly interested in the shoes referred to in this thread (especially the $50 jellies!!) but I didnt think of it as insensitive. I am not at all challenging your opinion I am legitimately curious what QVC should be selling to be sensitive and compassionate.
Honored Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
@newjerseygirlI have a serious question for you and I seriously am not trying to be argumentative. If it is insensitive to sell $100+ sandals right now what would you have QVC sell? I am not particularly interested in the shoes referred to in this thread (especially the $50 jellies!!) but I didnt think of it as insensitive. I am not at all challenging your opinion I am legitimately curious what QVC should be selling to be sensitive and compassionate.

@spursfan2  I wonder too.  Stores online are still selling expensive things also.  I really don't think it is insenstive to do this.  They are a business trying to get through this crisis just as QVC is.  If you don't want to purchase what is presented then don't but some people will.  We all have choices.

Honored Contributor

Dont most stores, websites have an "expensive" department?  What is wrong with them selling higher priced items?  I look but I dont buy.  Easy peasy.  Insensitive? Nope.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@spursfan2 @Pecky I was just agreeing with the OP.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Grief QVC

[ Edited ]

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@Spacrazy Yes, it seems insensitive to be showing $100+ sandals during this time when many people can' t buy food or pay their rent.

@newjerseygirl 

I totally agree .I would have thought during this time ,they would have had really good deals and free shipping too.

QVC is missing the boat for their customers,imo

btw,JerseyGal here too!

Regular Contributor

Realistically companies have their inventories planned well in advance and can only sell what they have. That being said, I have seen some companies at their own sites offering better than usual sales. This pandemic has killed the Spring sales period. Most consumers are used to buying online so how many will be rushing into brick & mortar stores when they open....so even then sales quantities will be low and slow. Lots of inventory to move in a suddenly much smaller market. So, truly QVC is not competitive but as long as they are satisfied with their sales levels they have little incentive to change. May be that so many at home and some are buying who usually do not.

Respected Contributor

This silly complain again...

Honored Contributor

I live in an area where most of the people are employed by the government.

They are still receiving a salary.  Where I live there are still a lot of people out on the roads, etc.

I guess they're going to Home Depot and/or Costco/grocery stores, etc.  Because they sure are out and about.

This is making the gap between the haves and the have nots even wider.  Not a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no issue with the variety of products offered by all sites online because every purchase helps people keep their jobs.  New delivery jobs are being created to keep up with food home deliveries as well as product home deliveries.  We are fortunate to have unlinited choices online of places to shop at all price points and have delivered.