Occasional Contributor

Re: Gift return nightmare for Dooney TSV

On 2/8/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

Since it's insured by USPS, just report a claim to them.

It was delivered, does a claim still apply?
Contributor

Since you already discussed all the details w/ QVC, I'd say it'll be fine, just hasn't processed yet.

Super Contributor

You have to give it time to process. I am sure it will be fine.

Valued Contributor

On 2/8/2014 Bluehippo said:
On 2/8/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

Since it's insured by USPS, just report a claim to them.

It was delivered, does a claim still apply?

I'd wait a bit, but YES, if it was delivered, the Post Office will trace to see who signed for it, etc., because they certainly won't want to pay you for it, if someone legitimate received it..., and if someone did, the PO will back you. Your tracking # should help them expedite the search, too!

I'm thinking QVC just hasn't got all the information to CS yet...and all will be fine! Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

On 2/8/2014 sage4 said:

With HSN, I returned a package last Saturday and by the Monday they received it and got a refund. Something weird happened the other day with Amazon. I returned something that was bought as a Christmas present. A few hours later I got a message saying they had issued a refund and the next day the refund was in my bank account. How is that possible? The package had not reached them yet. I was happy of course.

I had an Amazon return in January that was a defective item. Amazon sent UPS to pick up the item the next day. As soon as the UPS driver scanned the label, Amazon listed item as returned, and I had the refund. Now that is CS.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Occasional Contributor

Well I haven't heard a thing from qvc since the last email was sent on the 5th. I suppose I'll give them a call Monday so they can tell me again that they have no information.
Occasional Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Mistic said:
On 2/8/2014 sage4 said:

With HSN, I returned a package last Saturday and by the Monday they received it and got a refund. Something weird happened the other day with Amazon. I returned something that was bought as a Christmas present. A few hours later I got a message saying they had issued a refund and the next day the refund was in my bank account. How is that possible? The package had not reached them yet. I was happy of course.

I had an Amazon return in January that was a defective item. Amazon sent UPS to pick up the item the next day. As soon as the UPS driver scanned the label, Amazon listed item as returned, and I had the refund. Now that is CS.

Amazing cs
Super Contributor

One of the many ways Amazon is better than QVC. They process your refund before they get the package. Once, they told me just to keep the original item (when they sent one on error)' so I wouldn't be inconvenienced. Mind you, you have to check the item because if it comes from somewhere other than Amazon, they may make you pay for a refund. Just like not all items are eligible for Prime and ship free. Most do, and I don't buy the rest. I rarely wait for more than 2 days for an item, and if I order early in the day I get it the next day???with free shipping. With products shipped from or fulfilled by Amazon they tell you exactly when you will get it. Used to be tax free too, and tax is 10% in CA. Now only items fulfilled by Amazon are tax free. Oh, and they have the best CS. I have bought Kindles since they first came out. Never buy a Kindle from QVC.
On 2/15/2014 Bluehippo said:
On 2/13/2014 Mistic said:
On 2/8/2014 sage4 said:

Amazing cs
Honored Contributor

If this isn't resolved within the next few business days, don't bother further with CS, call "corporate" and go over the issues with them. They're the only ones in a position to resolve anything complex. CS is good and they try to help, but when there's an actual problem the scripts they apparently are given aren't much help.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Got my replacement. Was not sent to me- my biggest worry of all- not cool. It was used- ok fine. But it was used to the point that it was flaking worse than the one I sent in. It also had sticky stuff on the bottom. And they didn't refund my shipping. Not impressed and I don't think I'll use QVC in the future.