Honored Contributor

Re: Gift return nightmare for Dooney TSV

I sent a return to ShopHQ. I got an acknowledgement and credit 6 days from the date I mailed it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If all else fails, that's what insurance is for.

Super Contributor

Email the info to the Q with your tracking # and also go make a copy of your receite from UPS. I always do this if I send something big back . The Q does take long . But I do back up of things learned the hard way!

Honored Contributor

I've never had a problem getting a refund. It has always showed up on my statement. Granted sometimes it seems like months, but it's probably more like weeks.

Frequent Contributor

With HSN, I returned a package last Saturday and by the Monday they received it and got a refund. Something weird happened the other day with Amazon. I returned something that was bought as a Christmas present. A few hours later I got a message saying they had issued a refund and the next day the refund was in my bank account. How is that possible? The package had not reached them yet. I was happy of course.

Occasional Contributor

Keep in mind, I had no receipt. It was a gift exchange where I just sent a bag with no tags(leather peeled) and my customer info(and the original order number. I did email a copy of my usps receipt and the tracking number. Still haven't heard back but I am trying to be patient. I sure hope the gift giver's account wasn't refunded bc that would just be embarrassing.
Frequent Contributor

OH OH I think that the refund would be refunded to the gift giver since the gift giver paid for it. Why didn't you tell the gift giver that there was a problem with the bag?

Contributor

Really? After the holidays a gift receipt usually works or stores give store credit.

Occasional Contributor

On 2/8/2014 sage4 said:

OH OH I think that the refund would be refunded to the gift giver since the gift giver paid for it. Why didn't you tell the gift giver that there was a problem with the bag?

I just didn't want to "rock the boat" and make them think I am ungrateful. I was specifically told by CS that the gifter wouldn't know I exchanged it and that they would do the exchange through my account strictly. I made it very clear to the rep and he assured me that if I wrote down my account info, then everything would work out how I asked. It sounds like a big mess when it really should be simple.
Respected Contributor

Since it's insured by USPS, just report a claim to them.