Trusted Contributor

GILI recent small version of hobo

I got the black horn back and love the look of it. But I noticed that the strap that adheres to the magnet is not aligned with the magnet. It does not go straight down the front of the purse, it slants. Has anyone else noticed this? For the price of the bag, I feel like I can't keep it for this reason only. I love the horn back, don't mind the stiffness, adore the hardware. The straps should be a little bit longer, or they should have included another strap. But I would still keep it in spite of those other things.

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI recent small version of hobo

I thought the black option was a beautiful bag. I really wanted to order it, but at the end of the day, just thought it was priced too high... Sorry you're finding an issue with yours because it is, indeed, a gorgeous bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Is it this bag? I really like it and would love to purchase it. Sorry there are issues with it.

Super Contributor

Jova, I think OP is referring to A259715:

G.I.L.I. Stirrup Leather Hobo Bag

Respected Contributor

So funny you should start a thread about this. I just noticed that problem with mine yesterday when it was sitting on the ironing board. I think it is because it slants a little bit even though it is stiff. It bugs me, too, because I am very fussy. I haven't decided what to do about it yet.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it's A259715. Sorry, I should have given the number. It's really bugging me because it slants a lot. I'm not sure what to do. It's the bag I've always wanted for dressier occasions.

Thanks for your quick responses. I'm going to push it out of my mind until after Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

sorry - duplicate

Occasional Visitor

I just sent mine back today because of the same problem. It just did not look right and the leather was too stiff.

Contributor

I also sent the bag back. I didn't notice a problem with the strap closure but I couldn't get past the stiffness of the bag. Way to structured for me.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies, mine is going back. No matter how much the leather softens, that strap was not put on correctly.

I really shouldn't have purchased it anyway, as I just bought the orYANY back pack Chloe in the solid black. I adore that bag. I've used it for intense Christmas shopping and it works for me in multiple ways.