Honored Contributor

GILI Vintage Leather large Hobo (A253949) -- if you bought it, how do you like it?

A few weeks ago, Lisa had her New GILI Handbag on her show. I had read a number of posts talking about problems with her previous GILI bag. When Lisa was describing this latest bag, she talked about how the leather was from a top Italian leather manufacturer. And how the leather was manufactured using an old-time, intensive process that top end handbag manufacturers used.

So I'm really curious to hear what people who bought this GILI bag think about it. Is it really well made? How good is the leather? Is it a good value for the money? Thanks!

-- bebe Smile

--

--

New
QVC Price: $456.00Featured Price: $429.98

--

Valued Contributor

Re: GILI Vintage Leather large Hobo (A253949) -- if you bought it, how do you like it?

I love this bag!!! I can smell the leather when the bag is sitting next to my desk at work and it smells great!!! This is the most expensive bag I have ever purchased and I decided to keep it.

Of course it's not perfect - you can read all the complaints in the reviews - they are pretty much accurate. But, in my opinion, these are minor details. The bag looks amazing and I love how I can put all my stuff in there, including my lunch bag and not having to carry additional bag! But unfortunately this bag won't be traveling with me to Europe due to the fact that it doesn't really close and I need more safety....but that's why we all have multiple bags!

Super Contributor

Re: GILI Vintage Leather large Hobo (A253949) -- if you bought it, how do you like it?

Love this bag!!!! First GILI but won't be the last
Valued Contributor

I don't have it, too large for me, but I LOVE it! It is so rich and sophisticated. So, if you get it, enjoy!
Frequent Contributor

Just plain gorgeous! Leather is beautiful and soft. Quality of the bag is top notch. Love the size of the bag. I am 5'4" and always use large bags. When put into the triangle shape it is not large at all. When used in the full shape it is gorgeous and perfect for traveling short stays. I will get a lot of use out of this bag. Compares to any very expensive bags I own that are 3 times higher in price. Presentation was perfect as well. It was packed beautifully. I will buy more Gili bags made with Italian leather. For the Roma 2, the country of origin for the leather is not listed anywhere and Lisa did not say the leather came from Italy as she did with the vintage, so I have to assume it did not. I cancelled my Roma 2 because I want Italian leather. To me , the vintage is worth every penny. I have customer service trying to get an answer as to the country of origin for the leather on the Roma 2. I am going to buy the large Lizard hobo if it comes back in stock. It must be gorgeous
Respected Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 4.24.31 AM.png

@bebe777 @BLB @tough_kitty @Cheezit

Yes, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but for me, this bag was The One That Got Away. Even at over $400, I would have, but it was gone.

Just found it. I am deliriously happy! Unused, still some plastic wrap on hardware. I paid $199 with free shipping. Perfect. Missing Lisa's GILI qualilty and taste.

Hoping others who bought it still love it.