Respected Contributor

GILI Roma 2 Tassel is now Falling Apart

I just noticed yesterday that the tassel on my GILI Roma 2 is starting to come apart at the top. This was the one that I bought as - is (although it was wrapped and looked like brand new). I've been carrying it every day for about 2 months (except for the 2 weeks I carried the natural ostrich to make sure the sealant didn't peel off). I am not overly hard on my purses, so there is no reason for this to happen.

I am going to be switching out to the Natural Ostrich and carrying it for a couple months, so I'll see what happens with it. I hope it holds together better.

It is a shame because I love that espresso leather and the tassel is my favorite part. At least I can take the tassel off and the rest of the bag functions (even with the sealant splitting - I bought some to replace it with).

Overall, I don't think I'll be buying anymore bags from this line. I have better luck with bags that I get at T.J. Maxx. I bought an Marino Orlandi purse there and carried every single day for 2 years and it hardly looks worn at all. It was expensive for T.J. Maxx, but the original price was really high.

Respected Contributor

Re: GILI Roma 2 Tassel is now Falling Apart

WHY would you keep a bag and tolerate peeling and other damage??? Send them back!!!These bags are obviously poorly made and, yet, women keep purchasing them. Seems really silly to me!

Respected Contributor

I am past the return period now. If I weren't, this would go back. The sealant peeling is not that easy to see and not hard to fix, but I agree with you. The things that are going wrong on the bag are so unexpected and not anything that gets stressed by wear and tear. I call it a lesson learned and will refrain from purchasing in the future. It is too bad because the potential is there to make this a great line. Either that or charge a price that makes sense. If these bags were $75 and had these issues, I wouldn't be surprised. For the price, I expect a higher quality item.
Super Contributor

Do yourself a favor and purchase bags with a quality name behind it. Too many girls are disappointed in this line over and over again. Until QVC can work out the kinks, you might think about refraining from any more purchases.
Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 cosmic1 said: I am past the return period now. If I weren't, this would go back. The sealant peeling is not that easy to see and not hard to fix, but I agree with you. The things that are going wrong on the bag are so unexpected and not anything that gets stressed by wear and tear. I call it a lesson learned and will refrain from purchasing in the future. It is too bad because the potential is there to make this a great line. Either that or charge a price that makes sense. If these bags were $75 and had these issues, I wouldn't be surprised. For the price, I expect a higher quality item.

Not trying to tell you what to do...only a suggestion here. Why not call customer service and tell them that the bags are defective and you will be returning them,30 days be darned. Remind them that these bags are getting a bad reputation for being cheaply made and since QVC is the owners of GILI,you expect them to stand behind the line. At least TRY to get your money back...you have nothing to lose...except one of two things...money,or a poor quality bag.They cost too much for this to happen.Ask them to make a note on your account.

Luvmycats has a point. This is a pretty sharp looking bag because its a copy of a beautiful designer bag. But I think they are Monets... beautiful from afar,but up close they area mess. Women can buy whatever they like but I truly feel it's mostly the fact that LR sells them and viewers love and trust her.if this was a retail line there would be a drop in sales like crazy. People defend these bags.....training process,cracks,peels,smeared paint,bad smells and all. They keep buying,returning,reordering and hoping for a "good one".Really??

Honored Contributor

If you like tassels (I like them too) try the Isaac Mizrahi line of bags.

I have found them to be VERY well made, with luxurious tassels too.

I have last year's TSV and use it a lot with no problems. I just got the Super Saturday messenger bag and it's outstanding. Just the right size, navy and a rich cognac color (the popular 2 tone) and it was just $99.

My Gili II Roma just sits and stares at me. Every once in a while I think I hear it laughing at me for falling for the sales pitch and not returning it when I had the opportunity!

Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 cosmic1 said: I am past the return period now. If I weren't, this would go back. The sealant peeling is not that easy to see and not hard to fix, but I agree with you. The things that are going wrong on the bag are so unexpected and not anything that gets stressed by wear and tear. I call it a lesson learned and will refrain from purchasing in the future. It is too bad because the potential is there to make this a great line. Either that or charge a price that makes sense. If these bags were $75 and had these issues, I wouldn't be surprised. For the price, I expect a higher quality item.

I would send it back anyway, especially if you have few returns.

I have sent things back after 30 days, with a letter expressing my issues, and every time I have been refunded.

There have been so many problems with this line, QVC will understand.

Respected Contributor

I may try returning it. I only had to do that one time before with a necklace. I didn't wear it often and it broke on my third or fourth wearing but I was past the return period. I like the looks of Isaac's bags. I may have to try one. I love the Dooney I bought from QVC. It was one of those large zebra print totes with the red leather and brown suede trim. I got it on clearance. I have a couple of BMak bags and one is in great shape but the metallic one has worn off in places. I did score a Coach carryall at TJ Maxx today for $170. I was there at the right time because the clerk said they never last long when they get them in.