Super Contributor

Re: GILI Milano handle question

DP.

Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 okiebug said:

The hardware on mine is definitely metal. It's not the heaviest hardware you can get, but it is metal. It's also been holding up 7-10 lbs of weight I've had in it since Friday without any issues.

7-10 pounds?? What did you put in there?? Bricks?? Smiley Happy Just curious.

Super Contributor

On 11/6/2014 tough_kitty said:

The hardware on mine is definitely metal. It's not the heaviest hardware you can get, but it is metal. It's also been holding up 7-10 lbs of weight I've had in it since Friday without any issues.

A 32 oz bottle of Philosophy or WEN weighs 2.5 lbs, so if I put 2 in that's 5 lbs. I've been putting 3 in, this morning I put 4 in to test the hardware. The weight really does stretch and soften the leather. If I carry my iPad, a water bottle, my phone charger and regular daily stuff it's around 7 lbs, so. That's not so much.
Respected Contributor

If it's a problem with pins or scre^ws, you can put a dot of crazy glue, clear nail polish or even Loctite at the end. I've done this on an attached case where one of the handles kept coming off. I've also done it on a handbag where the decorative logo was glued on.

Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 tough_kitty said:

A 32 oz bottle of Philosophy or WEN weighs 2.5 lbs, so if I put 2 in that's 5 lbs. I've been putting 3 in, this morning I put 4 in to test the hardware. The weight really does stretch and soften the leather. If I carry my iPad, a water bottle, my phone charger and regular daily stuff it's around 7 lbs, so. That's not so much.

Oh, OK. It was just for the training purposes Smiley Happy I thought you carry 10 pounds of something on a regular basis...and wow, a full size iPad fits in this bag? I should weight my bag at home because I'm curious now how much it weights with all my stuff in.

Regular Contributor

On 11/6/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

If it's a problem with pins or scre^ws, you can put a dot of crazy glue, clear nail polish or even Loctite at the end. I've don't this on an attached case where one of the handles kept coming off. I've also done it on a handbag where the decorative logo was glued on.

LOL, I got out my super glue last night. Just in case.