Respected Contributor

Re: GILI Milano all colors are back in stock (waitlist)

I waitlisted the recent Marvelush Shrugs TSV. When I recieved my waitlisted items, they were customer returns. I returned my original purchase. Thought I had cancelled my waitlist items. They will also be going back. Don't like the Marvelusch acrylic material at all. Can't wear it and would not give it as a gift.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Valued Contributor

On 11/2/2014 okiebug said:

They aren't returns. How can they waitlist returns? There's a new shipment coming in. They do this with LOGO all the time - gives you a little advance notice they are coming.

There is NO new shipment coming in for GILI items. They are made in China and they are made and shipped ahead of time! Think how long it take to ship anything from China! These are customers' returns and they are wait listed because they are not sure how many returns they will be getting so they can't guarantee a bag.
Contributor

I would say that those bags are returns. When a customer uses the qvc return slip that comes with each bag to send it back, as soon as the item is shipped (dropped at the post office and scanned), the qvc system registers the item as being in route back to the qvc warehouse. I think that's how qvc can gauge how many of those bags are being sent back. That's also how customers can track their return(s) when logging into their qvc account, clicking on the 'track return' button found in the original order receipt. With that said, it doesn't necessarily mean that ALL returns are questionable, I would just inspect the item(s) thoroughly upon reception

Valued Contributor

Now it's only brown snake, nude, and grey ostrich - looks like grey ostrich had the most number of returns.
Valued Contributor

Croco and black are in stock now!
Trusted Contributor

WAITLIST = RETURNS. These bags are being returned like crazy, They track the returns and know what's coming back. Also they probably have the returned bags sitting in the warehouse waiting to be repackaged. Anytime I went on waitlist, it was a return. A CS rep told me they send out returns if they don't look like they've been used.......yeah well then how did I get a bag with a tube of used lipstick in it? No more waitlists for me!
Honored Contributor

If you believe these waitlists are for another shipment, I have a bridge in London to sell you. Handbags have to be the most returned item QVC sells, they just travel around the country until someone keeps them. If you don't want a bag someone else has actually touched with their bare hands (horrors) keep your ordering to the day the bag is first presented. Now if they actually carried it for a few days, it should go to "as is." You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/2/2014 terrier3 said:

Who wants someone else's RETURN???

If QVC (or any other company) put everything that is a return on an "as is" price, they would soon be out of business. Please be realistic. If the item wasn't returned because of a flaw and is in good condition, then there is no reason why it shouldn't be sold for regular price.

Trusted Contributor

It's funny how so many of us think we know the exact answer to this question about new/used items. I don't think there is a definitive answer. For one thing, once I learned about check-holds it became obvious that if a lot of check-hold items are cancelled then those items become available and they DID NOT EVEN LEAVE QVC's Warehouse. So those at least are not used. Some people also don't unwrap/open every item they receive. Sometimes they unwrap one of 5 and then just return all of them. So there is another source of new items that are actually returns. But I wouldn't mind getting one of them.

This was discussed on another thread and I said I didn't mind getting a return as long as it was in New condition. Some ripped me apart because in their mind it wasn't new. I said I was used to B&M stores where everything is out for people to touch it and try it on. But when I went to a Dooney outlet I found out what they meant. I picked the bags I wanted and then the girl went to the back to get brand new, wrapped bags for me. The ones I picked out were put back on the shelf as displays to be handled. If people are used to that kind of service an unwrapped and handled bag is "used."

I don't think any of us knows QVC's exact policy nor how they enforce it. Anytime you order something you may or may not get an item that has been unwrapped/tried on/used. If you aren't happy with it return it and if the quality wasn't up to your expectations insist that QVC pay the return shipping.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I sent my grey ostrich for exchange and I just saw they are sending me the natural ostrich Smiley Sad so bummed. Really loved the grey.