Super Contributor

Re: GILI Milano Hobo - Croco - Zipper?

nm

New Contributor

I too am experiencing the same problem with the zipper. However, I heard Lisa R. say give it two weeks for the leather to relax. I have been using the handbag now for 2 days and I can already see that the leather is relaxing. Today, it actually went into a hobo style. The hornback on one side is perfect, the seam on the otherside is perfectly centered, but the pattern is off a little. However, if this is suppose to look like a real skin. I would expect the pattern to be off a little. I'm going to use this bag since QVC gives us until the end of January. I will only return if the zipper doesn't straighten out. But it does seem to be getting better with use. I think it's worth giving it a try. I have had several comments on how beautiful the handbag and color is.

Super Contributor

Let me share what I think is working for me...I just received mine yesterday afternoon and have already taken her for a little spin around town. When I got home, I left her parked on my kitchen table where I would be reminded of her all evening. I left her loaded and zipped, sort of shaped in the 'position' that I would like her to eventually take on her own. Throughout the evening I would sort of knead the zipper area (which like others have said was stiff and a little 'wavy') between my thumb and index finger and the leather is definitely softening around the zipper area. Hope that helps! Smiley Very Happy
Super Contributor

same exact problem! I don't need the frustration. Returned my Croco and ordered another GILI Roma 2 Tote in black. Already have the Cream Snake and love it! I believe I love totes above hobos or satchels.
Super Contributor

On 10/30/2014 tough_kitty said:

Yep! Exact same thing here. I just got the bag last night so haven't had enough time to play with it, but I did notice the zipper isn't so bad if you don't zip the bag up all the way - leave a little space between the zippers and then the bag looks good. Not ideal solution, but maybe this will change with time....

why do i have to adjust to and baby the bag when I spent $187.00 on it? Now, had I spent $50.00-$60.00 dollars for it, that's different. No thank you. It went back. Ordered another Roma 2 in black. Have the Cream Snake already and, adore it!
Super Contributor

Sorry for repeat info.
Valued Contributor

On 11/2/2014 MeganRose said:
On 10/30/2014 tough_kitty said:

Yep! Exact same thing here. I just got the bag last night so haven't had enough time to play with it, but I did notice the zipper isn't so bad if you don't zip the bag up all the way - leave a little space between the zippers and then the bag looks good. Not ideal solution, but maybe this will change with time....

why do i have to adjust to and baby the bag when I spent $187.00 on it? Now, had I spent $50.00-$60.00 dollars for it, that's different. No thank you. It went back. Ordered another Roma 2 in black. Have the Cream Snake already and, adore it!
You don't have to, if you don't want to. I spent $179 on mine and I really like the look, so I'm willing to give it a try.
Regular Contributor

Mine was a little tight at first, but now it is loosening up . The bag has taken on a great shape, I am using Lori Grenier's insert and it weighs the bag down a bit, so now the zipper is straightening out.

Valued Contributor

On 11/17/2014 deelor said:

Mine was a little tight at first, but now it is loosening up . The bag has taken on a great shape, I am using Lori Grenier's insert and it weighs the bag down a bit, so now the zipper is straightening out.

So, you like your croco one, but returned the grey ostrich and felt the need to trash the bag in a separate thread??? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}