Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. HANDBAG - SO SAD, HAD TO RETURN IT !

Remee: I had to smile at your description: " I looked like a little tiny girl playing dress up with her Mommy's biggest purse. It was so wide when I turned sideways you couldn't see my body !" I sorted thru my handbags a few months ago and brought some to a friends house to see if she wanted any. Her granddaughter was visiting and decided that one of the shoulder bags would be perfect for her. The little girl was 3 years old! The bag hung down below her knees, but she was a happy camper. We shortened the strap so she didn't trip and off she went to play dress up. Everyone had a great time that day. Smile

Sorry the Gili didn't work out for you. There are lots of handbags in this world, all different sizes and shapes. I'm sure you will find some that are perfect for you.

Respected Contributor

Ladies, I don't own this handbag, but I do own a few very large hobos. I find when you put stuff in them, they don't seem as big. Some of the width gets redistributed as the bag gets filled.

Valued Contributor

On 10/31/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Ladies, I don't own this handbag, but I do own a few very large hobos. I find when you put stuff in them, they don't seem as big. Some of the width gets redistributed as the bag gets filled.

That's true with the soft versions of this bag - snake and black one. Not sure the croco or ostrich will ever get the same look and/or softness.
Super Contributor

I'm sad for you but understand this bag isn't for everyone. I do think the initial stiffness of the croco leather makes this bag seem larger than it is as I have the black, snake and croco and the black and snake seem significantly smaller due to the fact they immediately puddle. I'm confident the croco will eventually soften but I don't like it as much as the other two so I'm returning as well. I think if you like the design of the bag, you might want to buy the black or one of the snake patterns when they come back in stock as I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
Contributor

I also returned the croco. I too thought it looked huge when I put it over my shoulder. I really think that this was mainly due to the stiffness of that leather. I didn't care for that. I did however also order the brown snake and that bag I love. It is much softer and has the drape that I like in a hobo. I'm really glad that I ordered both. Interesting because my first choice was the chestnut croco, which I preordered and the brown snake was a last minute decision towards the end of the day of the TSV.
Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Bluegrassbaby said:
On 10/31/2014 tough_kitty said: Not sure where you got your measurements from but per item description: Measures approximately 17"W x 10-1/2"H x 5"D with a 9" handle drop and a 23" to 26" strap drop

That's the same as I saw too...

Yep, these are the only measurements I saw online or heard presented for this bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Remee said:

Now I am petite, but it still looked ridiculous on me. The zipper line at the top of the bag was parallel with my thigh where it joins my body, and the bottom of the bag hung about 3 inches below my kneecaps.

GOOD GRIEF! How can it be that huge?? That's freaky! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

The pics I have seen of Lisa with these bags look like she is carrying a suitcase. I think something this big would hurt my shoulder since I tend to fill up my handbag whatever size it is. the scale of the GILI handbags should be looked at and improved because the style and detail are beautiful; they just need to be offered in a usable size.

Frequent Contributor

I'm 5'6"" at 110 lbs and I'm gonna rock this bag!!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:
On 10/31/2014 Remee said:

Now I am petite, but it still looked ridiculous on me. The zipper line at the top of the bag was parallel with my thigh where it joins my body, and the bottom of the bag hung about 3 inches below my kneecaps.

GOOD GRIEF! How can it be that huge?? That's freaky! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I'm under 5'.........and some of those large purses cause me to list

♥Surface of the Sun♥