Frequent Contributor

G.I.L.I. Gray Ostrich Milano Hobo

Ok... I know lots of ladies were upset over this bag not really being gray...and I certainly understand that...

I have two of the bags already in black and nude ostrich and for some reason decided I wanted the gray too...

Well, you are right... it's not gray... it's a mushroom brownish taupe... but OMG ... I LOVE this bag! My opinion, it's one of the most beautiful bags I have seen... I love the color.

From some of the complaints I have read, I have been very lucky with my Milano hobos... I have had no problems with hardware or any of the ostrich spots being smeared... and the bags have performed perfectly for me so far.

I have never been a big Hobo fan, but these bags are my favorite bags now...

I also recently received the Roma 2 in black and it's my favorite tote right now...

After seeing this Gray Ostrich hobo, I may end up at one point getting the big Roma in Gray Ostrich... I hope it hangs around a few more months... because I think I would like that one too.

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Gray Ostrich Milano Hobo

katie-I too love the taupe/mushroom tone of the "gray" GILI Milano hobo as well as the silouette & size of the handbag! I returned mine due to smears on several sections of the handbag-no hardware problems & hope to pick up another Milano in either the taupe or natural ostrich option. My fav handbag for 2014 is the GILI Roma2-have it in cream snake & blush. Some concerns about what Q plans to do with the line and pricing...I bought the GILI backpack in black several months ago at 284-another great GILI handbag, but now selling at 320-not a trend that will motivate me to buy!!! Congrats & enjoy your new handbags ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! The black milano was my first G.I.L.I. and I loved it so much, I started looking at the others.... And I hate now I didn't get some of the previous bags while they were selling them so much. Especially the original Roma ... I think I would like to have one of those.. the Roma 2 is the perfect size for a tote for me.. but I think I would like that bigger one too...

We will see.

I too hope the brand continues. But, I agree on the pricing.... I have looked at that backpack but I am not really a backpack person... but no, that price is too much for me.

Valued Contributor

How nice to read how much you like the hobo. I'm waiting on the Nude bag to arrive. I have the Natural and like the look, and being able to wear in on my shoulder. It's hard to find things inside even with my organizer. Still, I await my next one with excitement.

Honored Contributor

Here is the list of "new" 2015 GILI handbags from info published on the board in Oct. Some items have already been released/sold. Canvas Large Roma with Leather Trim, Canvas Roma with Leather Trim, Canvas Sporty Duffle, Exotic Mini Barrel Bag, Italian Leather Flap Tote, Italian Leather Fringed Flap Crossbody, Italian Leather Oval Crossbody, Italian Pebble Leather Fringed Crossbody, Italian Vintage Pebble Oval Crossbody, Large Leather Foldover Tote, Leather Convertible Backpack, Leather Convertible Bag w/ Shoulder Strap, Leather Pouch, Leather Wallet Pouch, Mini Barrel Bag, Pebble Leather Convertible Backpack, Hornback Croco Leather Micro, Micro Bag 2, Leather Roma 3, Pebbled Leather East-West Mini Bag, Backpack with Fringe, Classic Pebble Leather Satchel, Exotic Clutch Wallet, Large Pebbled Leather Hobo, Large Stirrup Hobo, Mini Double Zip Hobo, Pebble Leather Clutch Wallet, Triple Compartment Tote, Triple Zip Dome Satchel

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Chi-town girl said: Here is the list of "new" 2015 GILI handbags from info published on the board in Oct. Some items have already been released/sold. Canvas Large Roma with Leather Trim, Canvas Roma with Leather Trim, Canvas Sporty Duffle, Exotic Mini Barrel Bag, Italian Leather Flap Tote, Italian Leather Fringed Flap Crossbody, Italian Leather Oval Crossbody, Italian Pebble Leather Fringed Crossbody, Italian Vintage Pebble Oval Crossbody, Large Leather Foldover Tote, Leather Convertible Backpack, Leather Convertible Bag w/ Shoulder Strap, Leather Pouch, Leather Wallet Pouch, Mini Barrel Bag, Pebble Leather Convertible Backpack, Hornback Croco Leather Micro, Micro Bag 2, Leather Roma 3, Pebbled Leather East-West Mini Bag, Backpack with Fringe, Classic Pebble Leather Satchel, Exotic Clutch Wallet, Large Pebbled Leather Hobo, Large Stirrup Hobo, Mini Double Zip Hobo, Pebble Leather Clutch Wallet, Triple Compartment Tote, Triple Zip Dome Satchel

I would love to see some pictures and dates for release.

Contributor

I am glad you love yours. I might have kept mine if the bag and the tassel matched, no matter the color. I did not mind that it wasn't gray. The colors were so different that it was obvious, but not enough to call it a contrast color. I regretfully sent it back.