Honored Contributor

Re: Funny review about a customer remove the lock of the dooney samba

I guess the locks are selling or maybe the same silhouettes in the croco and lizard leathers were already in production. I'd hoped they'd see tepid sales and then rethink the look... Guess not. Such a shame because I otherwise love this bag...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 11/3/2014 stevieb said:

I guess the locks are selling or maybe the same silhouettes in the croco and lizard leathers were already in production. I'd hoped they'd see tepid sales and then rethink the look... Guess not. Such a shame because I otherwise love this bag...

Dooney & Bourke Leather Croco Fino Satchel

Me, too, STEVIEB! That bag had my name all over it until I got to the lock!!
Honored Contributor

I know. It's such a shame because it's otherwise so pretty.

Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 skyblue said:

Dooney & Bourke Leather Croco Fino Satchel

Me, too, STEVIEB! That bag had my name all over it until I got to the lock!!

Me, three, stevieb and skyblue!!! Reminds me of the Croco Fino, which is gorgeous and does not have the lock. I'm using my Taupe Croco Fino that I got on EZ pays from the Q...so pretty!!!

Honored Contributor

The lock is a shame. Someone at Dooney could have designed a much more appealing lock for this line IMHO. It's actually turned me off to the bags that have it on.... but that's ok, I'm currently loving my Black Clayton. Whatabag!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Q4u said:

The lock is a shame. Someone at Dooney could have designed a much more appealing lock for this line IMHO. It's actually turned me off to the bags that have it on.... but that's ok, I'm currently loving my Black Clayton. Whatabag!

It really is. I love mine! In fact, maybe it's time to give that one a whirl. I haven't used it in a while. One great bag.

Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Bluegrassbaby said:

I needed something organizational for my handbag, so I cut the leather strap off of the triple zip Dooney cross body bag...I get more use out of it now, than I ever did.

I'm not even sure why I purchased it...I despise cross body bags {#emotions_dlg.blink}.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I cant' stand them either...

Frequent Contributor

I don't like the dooney lock but I can't resist the samba and the campbell collection. I have the small samba satchel in the saddle color and I love it the leather is soft love it. I planning to get some of the other samba style and also campbell collection once I see them on sale or at the outlet.

Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Bluegrassbaby said:

I needed something organizational for my handbag, so I cut the leather strap off of the triple zip Dooney cross body bag...I get more use out of it now, than I ever did.

I'm not even sure why I purchased it...I despise cross body bags {#emotions_dlg.blink}.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I cant' stand them either...

I totally hear ya! I loathe crossbody bags,to me they're schlumpy and outdated.

I saw the Samba bags at Belk in early September and I thought "the lock" was cheap looking (and totally ruined the bags). To me, it ranks right up there with that GodAwful "LogoLock" (crab-clawed) Hobo Bag -- the exclusive to the Q for the past 4 years sold with the 'exclusive to the Q' accessory credit card coin wallet. Ummm, I think we all know better, at this point, that the sales pitches are riddled with half-truths about that since the ILD site sells them in various colors throughout the year for about $40 to $45 for the CC/coin wallet, sometimes called a 'framed purse'...and the Dooney site calls it a "large framed purse" and has it available for purchase too. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Anyway, I was LOL while scratching my head when I read the review about the Samba. It begs the question: WHY buy it if you don't LOVE it ??? {#emotions_dlg.blink} Color me totally confused! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

The Croco Fino line was beautiful. The problem is, they now seem to be calling anything croco by that name and it isn't and also that the Campbell bags with the lock appear to have pretty much taken over the croco options from Dooney. Added to that the prices are high. A large satchel, which I might consider with the lock because frankly it makes the lock appear smaller... is over four hundred dollars and I'm sorry, but while I might consider it, as Mary pointed out, I'm not spending that kind of money on something that I don't love... As far as I'm concerned, Dooney has been making a lot of missteps lately, so I guess to the extent they're available, and to the extent that I choose to add Dooneys to my collection, it'll be with older styles. Some of the higher end bags are gorgeous, but just too pricey. I'm not often spending four or five hundred or more for a bag and when I do, it's going to have to be stellar. There are just too many options out there for Dooney to remain a go-to brand for me as things stand now.