Honored Contributor

I ordered the pewter mosaic!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get past the huge butterfly logo. 

Respected Contributor
@willdob3.. right? I agree why do they have to ruin the outside by putting that oddly placed butterfly on it? Put it on the inside heel where none would see. Im on a quest for comfort sandals so I ordered the black dazzler- I'll see how they feel and look on the foot..
Super Contributor

@Pecky Those were my two choices, too. I went with the Pewter Mosiac.

I'm hoping these work for me. I've tried two of their clog style in the past and they were too short and I found the uppers hard. I'm hoping the sandals, being open style work better...and they keep talking how soft they are, so fingers crossed. 

I was a Birki girl for years until I developed Morton's Neuroma. The toe bar killed me so I had to get rid of my extensive collection. Then I found Orthaheel/Vionic and loved them...but their footbed linings make my feet sweat. More companies seem to be using synthetic materials for linings and I don't care if they treat them...they don't allow the bottom of my feet to breathe. So I've been going with brands like Naot because they use leather and suede for their lining. 

I also order the Verona, today...so I'm really hoping these sandals work for me. 😊

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

@1MrsT wrote:

@Pecky Those were my two choices, too. I went with the Pewter Mosiac.

I'm hoping these work for me. I've tried two of their clog style in the past and they were too short and I found the uppers hard. I'm hoping the sandals, being open style work better...and they keep talking how soft they are, so fingers crossed. 

I was a Birki girl for years until I developed Morton's Neuroma. The toe bar killed me so I had to get rid of my extensive collection. Then I found Orthaheel/Vionic and loved them...but their footbed linings make my feet sweat. More companies seem to be using synthetic materials for linings and I don't care if they treat them...they don't allow the bottom of my feet to breathe. So I've been going with brands like Naot because they use leather and suede for their lining. 

I also order the Verona, today...so I'm really hoping these sandals work for me. 😊

I ended up ordering both!! 

Honored Contributor

@LibbyLib  I've been on an Alegria kick for several years and have over 2 dozen pairs.  I rarely, if ever, pay full price for them.  Alegria has an official online reseller that sells older styles at a big discount (Alegriashoeshop.com) and I've also gotten some from Zulily.  The company itself also has a sales website and when a style has sold out on QVC and I just must have it, I've found it on Alegria.Com.

I normally am a solid size 11 in shoes or a 42 in Alegria's fuzzy sizing, but when I order an open toe shoe like a sandal, a 42 is just too long so I go down to a 41.  My favorite, which I wear around home, for gardening and walking, is a beige style called Pesca , a sort of fisherman's sandal.   I wear a medium width, a bit on the narrow side and find that some styles are too wide for me. 

Enjoy your new Alegrias. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I only wear shoes or sandals with built in support so I have wanted to try Alegria. I do not like slides either unless it is just to wear in the house as I too find they tend to slide more than I like. But still I was ready to order until I thought about the small discount on the Todays Special....really these days less than 20% is not that great a deal. Obviously these sell very well so they do not need to do more, I check the net and found the pattern I wanted in a style with the back strap for almost half the price....perfect.

Hope they work for me. I too wear a 10 so the previous comments struck home. I certainly have had sandals over the years that looked clunky,  but this is usually when they are too wide. Since they offers wide, I hope this is not the case.

Frequent Contributor

Aaaaand....Sooooo....How does everyone like their shoesies? Smiley Happy

I am very happy with my pewter pair as far as the feel of the arch support, etc, but I wish the heel was squishier as I have heel spurs. I usually wear Crocs for this reason, but they offer no support. Tried a pair of Vionics with an EVA foam sole and love the squish, but boy, that's quite an arch they give you! Not sure when my arches will stop aching, but my heels feel good! Lol Smiley Happy

Anyhoo, keeping mine and quiet happy flopping around the hardwood floors with them like a horse. 🐎

@Kachina624, thanks for the Alegria shopping tips! I will definitely check them out as I don't see myself stopping at just the one pair...Smiley Happy You're the best!