Super Contributor

Re: Founder of Orthoheel Stabbed to Death

Add to this the 7-alarm fire in NYC this afternoon in the East Village. It was a gas explosion that destroyed 4 buildings, and 19 people were injured. Thankfully, no reports of fatalities. A half hour ago, Liam was on with Jane selling one of the Vionic thong sandals. It was a short presentation, but at the end Jane held his hand and Liam announced that Mr. Vasyli died suddenly. Liam looked like he was going to cry, but held it in. Then the screen went black and then showed a photo of Mr. Vasyli. So very sad, and so tragic; may he RIP.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 MissRose722 said: Add to this the 7-alarm fire in NYC this afternoon in the East Village. It was a gas explosion that destroyed 4 buildings, and 19 people were injured. Thankfully, no reports of fatalities. A half hour ago, Liam was on with Jane selling one of the Vionic thong sandals. It was a short presentation, but at the end Jane held his hand and Liam announced that Mr. Vasyli died suddenly. Liam looked like he was going to cry, but held it in. Then the screen went black and then showed a photo of Mr. Vasyli. So very sad, and so tragic; may he RIP.

I found the segment with Liam & Jane, item # A239847

Very sad, all the money didn't stop whoever wanted him gone

Super Contributor

Oh my... I had not heard!!!!

Respected Contributor

Yorkie, why jump to conclusions without benefit of the facts?
Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 game-on said:

Doesn't this just show that people who come off as successful may have problems.... things we never know about?

How sad for his loved ones.

Every person who has presented this product has seemed so nice and sincere. I hope this company continues.... and I don't even purchase their products. I just like lots of choices.

Everyone has "something." I've met ONE person in my life who says she has had a ridiculously happy life, great family growing up, well off now, no problems. But in over sixty years, that is one and only. (Nice person, too.) But so far, I'm counting on one finger.

I feel so sorry for his family. He seemed a very good man. I personally benefit from his innovation in footwear. But even if I didn't, I'd feel sorry for his family. A friend's son was murdered last year, and it was awful, awful. The son may have been involved in something not right, but it doesn't change the fact how the family is terribly affected. It's very cruel, murder is horrible.

Trusted Contributor

I thought orthoheels were invented by that Dr. Weil, the one they show the story about?
Frequent Contributor

Wilomenia--No they were not invented by Dr. Weil he merely endorses them.
Esteemed Contributor

Well if a woman stabs a man to death, I would assume he was asleep, else he would be able to overpower her.

Esteemed Contributor

Totally sad to read this news. While I don't wear Orthoheel or Vionic shoes I do have some Orthoheel partial inserts that I bought when Orthoheel first came to Canada and Mr. Vasyli was the vendor.

Respected Contributor