Respected Contributor

Re: Founder of Orthoheel Stabbed to Death

I'm very sorry to learn this. I wear Vionics/Orthoheel a lot and find they really help my feet. He created great footwear technology for those of us with foot problems. How very terrible.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a little more info..not much, but a little.

An Australian podiatrist who invented a successful line of orthotics has been stabbed to death in an exclusive gated community in the Bahamas, police say.

Police reported they found the body of Phillip Vasyli, 59, with numerous stab wounds after they were called to Old Fort Bay, a high-end community just west of Nassau, the Bahamas' capital.

Investigators said they believe the internationally-known podiatrist, who invented Orthaheel orthotics, had been dead for several hours before police were notified.

US media has reported that Mr Vasyli's wife has been detained, however, no charges have been laid and police are still investigating.

Mr Vasyli, from Sydney, owned two homes in Old Fort Bay and had an office in the community's medical centre.

He last tweeted four days ago, posting a photo of a boat in the Bahamas with the words, "I woke up today".

The founder of Vasyli International, now called Vionic Group, Mr Vasyli invented the Orthaheel in 1991, according to his company's website.

The technology is used in shoes and inserts sold in 25 countries.

"The Vasyli family is deeply saddened to announce the sudden passing of Phillip Vasyli, who died this week at his home in the Bahamas," a message on his company website said.

"Vasyli treated thousands of patients, ranging from young children to amateur and professional athletes.

"Known by friends and colleagues as a 'born healer', he had a genuine passion for making orthotic treatment more affordable and accessible to people in need of pain relief.

"A mentor to many and an esteemed colleague to all, Phillip Vasyli's passing represents an incredible loss.

"Our thoughts are with his family, friends and community."

The website said Mr Vasyli founded three specialty sports podiatry clinics in Sydney in the 1980s.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Wow that's crazy. What in the world is wrong with people??
Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Reba055 said: Wow that's crazy. What in the world is wrong with people??
Many, many things on many, many levels
Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 scatcat said:
On 3/26/2015 Reba055 said: Wow that's crazy. What in the world is wrong with people??
Many, many things on many, many levels
Touché
Frequent Contributor

How terrible.. QVC reposted Vionics announcement of his death today on Facebook but there were no details. Very sad. I am an Orthaheels fan and very sorry to hear he passed away.
Honored Contributor

How utterly tragic. I'll pray for his family.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Reever said: Is that the bearded gentleman who appears on QVC ? I am saddened to hear that. Was it a domestic dispute or a random act?

No, it wasn't Liam Bourke that was killed. Liam is VP of sales and marketing I believe?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

No good news in the world today
Respected Contributor

Between this and the German copilot who allegedly downed the airplane in the Alps, I am under the belief humanity has really gone down hill. Aren't we all Gods children after all?