Honored Contributor

Re: For those who love Birkenstocks

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried these?  The Callan style?

I had a pair of Birkenstock shoes years and years ago.  They were the Nashville style. They've been discontinued.  I loved those shoes.

So, has anyone these, the Callan's?

CE58D432-5A25-42C5-B4DF-BF1122DB633A.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@mac116 

Try shopping locally (Dillard's, a sporting goods store, a boutique, etc.) for Birkenstock's of all styles (might even find some older,but great ones if you wear a smaller or larger size!). The prices will be the same anywhere you shop! If you shop locally, you'll never have to pay postage or wait for a delivery - and you'll be supporting a local business! Win-win IMO. 

You could also order through the catelog:   birkenstockdotcom 

Best wishes on your search for the perfect Birk! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@FlyersGirl 

If you read my post, you noticed that "I rotate all my footwear.If I haven't worn anything within a year, I get rid of it." 

In other words, I seldom wear the same footwear within a week or even a month. I really do rotate my Birks, which is why I have an obscene number of them.

I love shoes! And have always done that with shoes (prior to wearing primarily Birkenstocks). I keeps them in excellent condition, I never become bored with a pair, and the footbed (support) remains beneficial as long as I keep them!

A pair of shoes with overrun soles or unpolished leathers speaks volumes about the person. We were raised to always have polished shoes and never have run-down soles! (Our parents would replace shoes ASAP if they began to look sloppy and my husband was raised the same way!) 

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried every place locally, as well as every place that we have gone on vacation.  Even the Birkenstock website does not any of the variety that QVC used to carry...just the same old, same old.  I will reluctantly need to try another brand.  Suggestions ???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mac116 

If you are a true Birkenstock lover, you will never be happy with another brand. There simply is not another footbed (or upper) offering the comfort level of Birks. They are well-made of quality materials, have the best arch supports (4 of them) included, plus the toe bar, suede interiors, real cork, and full grain leather and suede outer. (I don't buy the man-made outers which does limit my choices, but I prefer the comfort of natural materials.)

If you are going for looks only, White Mountain has some sandals on one of the other QVC channels today. They are a cheap immitation of Birkenstocks and I would NEVER recommend them, but if you are looking for something else they might be the "something else".

You get what you pay for and the price of the White Mountains speaks volumes about their footwear. Yes, I have tried on a pair ONCE. That was  enough. Never again. If you're interested in fooling others, they might work. My sister wears them. Just be aware they don't last very long.  LOL 

ETA: I found some great styles which adorable designs in December of 2021 in local stores and on-line at birkenstockdotcom. Most were feminine and style I'd never seen before anywhere! Perhaps Birkenstock will have the same type of sale in December 2022? IDK. If they do, I'm buying every 8 1/2 narrow that catches my eye!!

I've never tried used footwear so cannot respond to that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mac116 wrote:

@BirkiLady 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried every place locally, as well as every place that we have gone on vacation.  Even the Birkenstock website does not any of the variety that QVC used to carry...just the same old, same old.  I will reluctantly need to try another brand.  Suggestions ???

@mac116 - HSN carries a bunch of Birkenstocks, including the Sydney style, which is the style QVC used to carry. 

Oh, I apologize. I just looked and you said you need a back strap. You shouldn't slip out of the Birkenstocks at all. Are you sure you adjust them tight enough and are wearing the right size and width?

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I need a backstrap. 

Respected Contributor

I'm a recent convert to Birkenstocks and have only one pair, the Arizona.  My problem is that I have a short, wide foot and I don't find that too many styles come in 36 Regular Width.  I like to get genuine leather or suede uppers too, which limit my choices also. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

I'm a recent convert to Birkenstocks and have only one pair, the Arizona.  My problem is that I have a short, wide foot and I don't find that too many styles come in 36 Regular Width.  I like to get genuine leather or suede uppers too, which limit my choices also. 

@Texasmouse  Birkenstock's site is loaded with choices for size 36 regular. I can't post the link, but it's Birkenstock and then the usual after that.

My favorites are the Arizona's, soft footbed, suede upper.  But I can also wear the non soft footbed and the vegan styles (some of the Sydney offerings). 

Valued Contributor

I do love the Birkestock and have probably 6 pairs.  My favorite is the Boston in suede.  I'd like to purchase a pair of the Spenco TSV but don't know what size I would get.  I wear a 39 narrow in the Birkenstock.  Any suggestions?