Honored Contributor

Good night sweet ladies.

My wrist is killing me.

Time for Mr. Bill the cat to go to bed.

Respected Contributor

@amyb I sure miss Sally Combs. She was a joy to watch. She was the perfect brand representative. 

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch She's actually on right now on LugLive app...(usually on Facebook too, but their having problems tonight with that.)

She does a Luglive show every Sunday night and several shows throughout the week. You can download the app. She's still very fun to watch...just fyi, in case you are interested.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @I'm so glad you're doing better! Take care of that wrist!

Birkenstocks are probably my favorite shoes of all time and I've worn them for about 15 or so years. I used to have more pairs than I do now, but after knee surgeries the ones I had been wearing the most didn't feel the same, because my alignment had changed. So I got rid of those. But I still have some and love them.

The whole fake Birks thing is worrisome. I think mine are genuine, because they were bought from QVC, HSN (those were Betulas), and Birks' websites. But just the past couple days I was looking on eBay and on Amazon and was tempted by a few pairs, but didn't buy anything.

I saw the segment this morning and it was very interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

So good to hear from you again. You made me laugh out loud about wearing your boring Sketchers! However, in all honesty, I'm so happy to read you are wearing laced-up shoes for your safety. Boring is a good thing for many reasons and you've got one of the best. BE SAFE!

Birkenstock no longer makes the lined or floral footwear like you bought on QVC. In fact, I even missed seeing those. I have purchased a few floral sandals which are so much fun to wear when spring begins each year! Then they are returned to their boxes for another year. 

Birkenstock is currently aiming their footwear toward the wide straps and the big buckle, both of which I've have purchased more than enough. I'm anxious for thin straps and small buckles to return. I want more feminine sandals back . . . and in more colors for the original footbed. (Can't stand the soft footbed; it mushes down and feels yucky after wearing the original footbeds since around 1967-68.) I am enjoying the lighter (white, grey, tan, etc.) soles on my sandals! Find them more attractive than the black tire soles of most of my Birks. Smiley Wink

And, my favorites for summer will always be the toe loop Birkenstocks! So comfortable, cool, very little tan lines, and sorta sexy for Birks. HA!

Annabelle, when I had a broken back in three places, a fractured knee & leg, etc., my Ortho. Surgeon had my son stop at Walgreen's and pick up two 6-7" braces (velcro closures) for my wrists which were sprained from the air bags. Apparently Walgreens was out of the wrist braces because my son & DIL bought Walgreen Support Elbow things that wrap around and have two closures (one goes under & the other goes over to secure the brace firmly in place). They felt solid and held my arms & hands in place when keyboarding, as well as sleeping! [Thought this might help you when using your Iphone or laptop.] 

Best wishes on the healing! Think of you and your recovery often.  Sending thoughts and prayers and good vibes your way. Heart 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady @I don't like the soft footbed either. It just feels wrong.

I agree about Birkenstock changing their styles to wide straps and large buckles. I haven't bought new in a few years!, but look and those are what I see. I had some gorgeous wool felt ones that regretfully I got rid of when I had a bug situation, but I had to. Would love to see those back.

I miss Sally Combs. She was great, and a hoot as well.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I saw this, good story. I do find birkies at amazon too and I do buy them, but only if they're the single strap. This is the only design that I landed on by Birkenstocks that I really love. I have MANY too but mostly old ones from here at the Q MANY years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For Birkenstock lovers

[ Edited ]

@Thats Me  I receive the Birkenstock catalog and IIRC the wool clogs are still available.Sorry for not paying attention, but I already have over a dozen pair and didn't even glance at them since those are the only clogs I wear in the coldest weather or deep snow on my daily walks. (Last year I didn't wear any of the wool Birks which was delightful! However, I understand we're in for a bitterly cold, lengthy snowy winter this year. At least we'll get the much needed moisture. Smiley Wink )

Another brand of wool clogs that is just as good as the Birkenstock wool clogs is: Haflinger. I have a couple of their attractive clogs and almost like them better! Same footbed and sole; made in Germany.

Check them out on-line:  haflinger.com

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Interesting discussion ladies! Thanks @gidgetgh for finding this. And @Annabellethecat66 - I'm glad you're doing better!

My first pair of Birkenstocks was a pair of men's Arizonas, bought at an authorized retailer in Annapolis. I was in my twenties, and I fell in love! I would come home from teaching and put them on.

I've been wearing them since. All of mine have come from authorized retailers or QVC. They were what brought me to QVC. I'd never heard of it before. We had moved, and the only retailer near us carried just a few. I was used to buying different styles, colors, and patterns. 

So I looked online. I found pages and pages of Birkenstocks on QVC. I joined and bought three of them!

I have sandals, clogs, shoes, and one pair of waterproof ones. I'm sure I must be between 75 -100. I will have to count them! LOL!   

I used to wear nothing else when I wasn't working, but then I found SAS sandals and Clarks (I had a pair of denim colored ones in college). More recently I found Spenco and Alegria. -  and other brands.

I guess I take after my mother and my aunt. They both loved shoes so much!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I've been wearing Birkenstocks for years and have purchased them from Birkenstocks, QVC and HSN.  But in 2017 I was taking a trip and decided to pick up a pair of Milano's from Zappos.  Milanos have the back strap and I thought it would be more comfortable because I was going to be doing quite bit of walking.  Got them about a month before my trip and I put them aside and then about two weeks later decided I'd better make sure the buckles were in the correct place for my feet.  But one of the buckles was broken.  The shoe repair guy I go to is an authorized Birkenstock repair shop so I took them there.  He mentioned that the buckle was not an authorized Birkenstock buckle but he thought the shoes looked authentic. But he had never seen these buckles on a Birkenstock.   He replaced all the buckles for me and I was going to contact Zappos but just didn't have time.  I've never had an issue with the shoes, they still look great. I should have returned them to Zappos but didn't want to worry about getting a pair in time for my trip.  Needless to say, I haven't purchased anything from Zappos since.