Honored Contributor

Re: Fly London-- Why So Expensive?!

I would think it's the materials. (They're shown in some of the videos.  I know the leather is extremely soft.  I work in clothing sales and wear Fly London quite often and have no foot pain.

Last summer I got a pair of Clarks with the sole that looks just like Fly London's and I was SO sore that I could barely get to my car.  I consigned them really fast.  Same thing happened with Earth!  I couldn't wear them on the floor.

Also, FL is not a one season shoe.  I don't think many brands could stand up to what those of us on our feet every day wear.  I would say half of the women associates in the department store where I worked wore FL.

Super Contributor

Shoes are way expensive on QVC.  Plus shipping and occasional returns - there are better sites to buy shoes.  I also agree that 'made in China' does not justify the price.  Even though they are European brands when they are made in China the quality is never there and a lot of times the shoes have terrible chemical odors. 

Respected Contributor

MEPHISTO is outrageously expensive.  Sandals for $250 +.  Silly me. I used to think that Vionic was expensive.  NAOT is also priced sky-high.  Oh, then there is that silly store brand. GILI. Who are the customers that the powers-that-be are targeting?

Respected Contributor

I own several pairs of Fly London.  They have changed my life.  I had owned them prior to seeing them on QVC.  I was at a seminar in February in LA 3 or so years ago. The dress for the seminar was business casual or you could also wear pants suits.  All of the young girls had on similar shoes. I thought they looked cute with their pants suits etc. I asked one of the gals why everyone was wearing similar shoes.  She said "You don't know about Fly London's! They are wonderful and so comfortable.  They are like wearing bedroom slippers or sneakers, but cuter and more professional looking.   You can wear them all day and your feet never hurt." 

I looked them up and they were being sold at Nordstroms.  As I live in Chicago I went to Nordstroms and tried them on.  The gal was right.  They were good looking and so comfortable.  I purchased a bootie pair in black suede called Yips and a another pair of black suede called Yala's (FL's most popular style).  I still wear these shoes and they still look wonderful.  Now when I go to work with my pants suits I wear Fly London's and I feel less tired at the end of the day.  I now own several pair and love them.  I think in terms of wear and tear on me, but still looking stylish - they have made all of the difference. As far as I am concerned, they are worth every penny.

Regular Contributor

I watched quite a few Fly presentations and never once did I hear them say that the soles are Latex. First pair I odered came with a warning that clearly was an added notice thrown in the box separately {warning soles are nade of latex and may cause an allergic reacrion). Everyone that came in the house that evening was asking what is that smell. My nephew said it smells like a dead animal. Never again!

Valued Contributor

I have one pair I just had to have.  Love them. They’re comfortable and I love the way they look, so I splurged.  I think I paid $125 or so.  Be prepared for price increases now with the trade wars.  $175 may seem like a bargain soon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Fly London, but love Miz Moooz. The difference between a $100 shoe and a $200 shoe is usually in the construction and materials--rubber outsole vs synthetic, leather heel vs. composite, leather lining vs. synthetic, stitching vs. glue. A good shoe pays for itself in cost per wear and in comfort.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

When the shoes are imported from europe the costs are higher.  Especially if they come from Britain ,Germany, Italy and France.  Our dollar isnt as good there.  It takes 1.5 of our dollars to get a lb in England.  

Respected Contributor

I am perversely happy that they cost so much. I'm sure I would own 6 pair if they were less expensive.  As it is I only have one pair that I snagged on sale (they were still over $100 with tax). Comfortable. Cute.  I love them.

Respected Contributor

I love them and have a few pairs. I got my first pair at QVC then found them on Amazon way cheaper.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18