Super Contributor

Re: Fly London Shoes Are Really Expensive

agree.  Ugly!

Contributor

Ridiculously expensive.  Come on, are they made by hand?  In the U.S.? 

And what's with the platform AND the height of the heel?  They all need to be 1 1/2 shorter.

Honored Contributor

@mom2laxboyz wrote:

Ridiculously expensive.  Come on, are they made by hand?  In the U.S.? 

And what's with the platform AND the height of the heel?  They all need to be 1 1/2 shorter.

@mom2laxboyz,It's the research to make that sole feel like a marshmellow!  The leather is thick and very soft.  I speed walk for 6 hours at the boutique where I work.  My feet are never, ever sore.

They definately aren't "one season shoes" and they don't look like it.  I can spend a lot less for a shoe, but it won't perform like Fly Londons.

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

Well, I bit the bullet and got the red in 36 but really would love hearing about the arch support from someone who has them and has worn them.

i have a bit of a high arch so need that support.

Watched the models' feet closely from the side to see if there was any gap between foot and shoe. Didn't appear to be but the shot was so brief.

Been wanting to try these for quite a while. Sure hope they meet my expectations.

@Sadiesadie,You may have to get a stick on arch support from Footpetals or the Foot Smart site.  You won't find a more comfy shoe, and your heel is only raised 1 inch!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG: I've been asking but figured I'd address this specifically to you since you're so good about replying.

What's the arch support like? 

As I posted earlier I don't really know why I'm so attracted to them but I sure am. 

Ordered the red in 36. Anxious to try them because of all that cushioning but a bit apprehensive about that arch support.

Anyway, any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy seeing the outfits you and Andreatoo post.

Respected Contributor

They must be good, S.K. bought about 5 or six pairs. Oh yeah, we are suppossed to believe that.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG: Sorry, did not see your post answering my question before I asked again. I always buy those from Foot Smart. Have an unopened one on hand right now I'll use.

Thank you. That is a bit of a disappointment but still looking forward to trying them.

Keeping appendages crossed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went upstairs so I could answer you very accurately.  There really isn't an arch support.  Maybe because the heel is raised only about one inch.

I know if you have to have an arch support, it's painful without one.  I would suggest geting a stick on arch from footpetals, their products are wonderful, and there can't be a product that Foot Smart dot com doesn't carry.

Hope this helps.  They're really cute with shorts and capris.

Clothing store managers won't let Birkenstocks be worn on the floor but they don't mind these.  That says something.

Honored Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

And I don't like Birkenstocks.. but I won't be offensive by calling them ugly.   

@LexaMom,Store managers won't let employees wear them on the sales floor either.  They do wear Fly London, and a number of employees that sell Channel makeup where I used to work all wear them.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:
There's one in right now & it's $175! Heard of the brand, but didn't know they were in this price range. 🤔

Once I found a style that I liked and tried it on, I was able to buy the same style for half price from Zulily.  As others have said, they do wear well.  I have a pair of black close-toed wedge pumps, I've been wearing for probably 3 fall and winters.  I do take good care of my shoes but there is next to no wear on the the heels.