Regular Contributor

Hello all! 1st time poster here. LOVE Dooney. 2 years ago I purchased the black with brown trim florentine pocket medium satchel. I absolutely love it but it is just too small. I like the brown black combo so I was thinking the Buckley in Black/brown nubuk might be a good choice. Is it large? Any other ideas? I am not a fan of shoppers and I need a large bag. Thanks!!!!! My other choice even though it is a solid color is the clayton....that looks large. Anyone own any of these?

Super Contributor

Re: Florentine pocket too small

Go to the site and it will give you all the measurements you need.

I love the original Buckley, but it's just wayyyy to large for me.

Regular Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Rocker said:

Go to the site and it will give you all the measurements you need.

I love the original Buckley, but it's just wayyyy to large for me.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

The Clayton is a good size bag. I prefer large bags and this one fits the bill for me. Don't own the Buckley.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

On 9/9/2014 stevieb said:

The Clayton is a good size bag. I prefer large bags and this one fits the bill for me. Don't own the Buckley.

What don't you like about the Buckley? I like the Clayton but it is a bit basic for my taste. The size is nice though.

Valued Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Kempokim said:

What don't you like about the Buckley? I like the Clayton but it is a bit basic for my taste. The size is nice though.

Stevie LIKES Buckley....she just doesn't OWN it yet Wink As for me, I don't understand why pretty much everyone is so crazy about the Buckley bag... it seems not very functional to me - the drawstrings are a hassle to open/close, the closure isn't secure enough, not good for the rain weather....and the shape probably won't hold more square objects like folders...besides most south/north shapes = a lot of wasted space since you won't be stacking items one on another in your bag.... I don't know, for me, it's nothing special....

But I hope the bag you choose works out for you! Smile

Regular Contributor

On 9/9/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 9/9/2014 Kempokim said:

Stevie LIKES Buckley....she just doesn't OWN it yet Wink As for me, I don't understand why pretty much everyone is so crazy about the Buckley bag... it seems not very functional to me - the drawstrings are a hassle to open/close, the closure isn't secure enough, not good for the rain weather....and the shape probably won't hold more square objects like folders...besides most south/north shapes = a lot of wasted space since you won't be stacking items one on another in your bag.... I don't know, for me, it's nothing special....

But I hope the bag you choose works out for you! Smile

I chose the Buckley in red....I have a navy coach bag with a very similar shape to it (somewhat smaller)and a drawstring too...never had a problem with it. I used it for Disney and a trip to Italy. I'm a trainer and don't carry papers or folders. Just a wallet 2 cosmetic bags, yes 2, lol and my D&G sun glass case which is large for a case! Other than my keys not much else besides my smartphone. I think this will be a good size. I will be selling my brown/black medium Florentine leather satchel on Ebay...so sad it's barely used. I know I won't use it. It's just not big enough. Too bad LOVED the look of that bag.

Honored Contributor

The clayton is attractive but I prefer bags that stay relatively square in width from bottom to top and the clayton angles in if you look at the side profile. I'm not sure how much more room you need but there was a large version of the pocket satchel which I guess only QVC still carries. It was on the Dooney site originally though. I can fit all my daily carry items into the medium pocket satchel, I have the black one too. If you don't need the outside pockets the full sized regular Flo satchel holds a lot more.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

On 9/9/2014 jaxs mom said:

The clayton is attractive but I prefer bags that stay relatively square in width from bottom to top and the clayton angles in if you look at the side profile. I'm not sure how much more room you need but there was a large version of the pocket satchel which I guess only QVC still carries. It was on the Dooney site originally though. I can fit all my daily carry items into the medium pocket satchel, I have the black one too. If you don't need the outside pockets the full sized regular Flo satchel holds a lot more.

Thanks...I'm going to try the Buckley. If all my things don't fit I will return it...I really love the 2 colors and the 2 textured leathers. I wanted something a bit different. I do however, appreciate the advice!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Wanted to add, I'd like to own the Buckley, but don't want it in Nubuk, not sure I want it in Florentine and there are other Toledo bags I prefer. I hope Dooney brings this one out in one of the pebble options, if they haven't already. I'd also like to see it in croco, but croco can sometimes be a bit stiff and given this is a drawstring bag, not sure stiff leather would work so well. I like the Clayton because it has lots of pockets, inside and out, while the Buckley is one large opening, granted with the usual inside pockets. The Clayton permits me to better know where to go to find what I'm looking for! They're both beautiful bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...