Super Contributor

Purchased my first coated cotton (and floral {#emotions_dlg.w00t}) bag. For those who own coated cotton bags, how do you like them and how have they worn?

Dooney & Bourke Coated Cotton Cabbage Rose Shopper

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Love them RD, especially when they're a bit more textured, which it doesn't seem Dooney is doing much of these days. I've got a few and love the ease of maintenance and they seem to hold up well!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention... actually, I ordered a new coated bag a few days ago in the new smoke color.

Trusted Contributor

I've loved my coated cotton bags -- I have the cupcake, houndstooth, and the geranium floral. All have worn well and have been such a delight to carry! They wipe clean and have been quite rugged as I sling them into my car or squish them into my office desk drawer.

Enjoy!

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 stevieb said:

Love them RD, especially when they're a bit more textured, which it doesn't seem Dooney is doing much of these days. I've got a few and love the ease of maintenance and they seem to hold up well!

Good to hear you love them and that they hold up well! I've had my eye on this bag for some time now but didn't want to pay full price. Found a great deal and couldn't resist. I hope I'm not disappointed when I get her.

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 Lonestar Babs said:

I've loved my coated cotton bags -- I have the cupcake, houndstooth, and the geranium floral. All have worn well and have been such a delight to carry! They wipe clean and have been quite rugged as I sling them into my car or squish them into my office desk drawer.

Enjoy!

Thank you! Can't wait to get her. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 stevieb said:

Forgot to mention... actually, I ordered a new coated bag a few days ago in the new smoke color.

Well, I opted out of buying the large Roma and thought this would be a good "replacement."

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

It's very pretty and probably will see more use than the large Roma. I don't think you will be disappointed. I actually prefer the coated to some leathers... Blasphemy? Maybe, but I do... And a great deal is always a nice incentive!

Super Contributor

Stevieb, thanks for your insight!

BTW, still lol about the "odoriferous" bag.... you have a way with words.

Regular Contributor
I have several of the 1975 Signature coated cotton bags and love them. Very well made, durable, and still look brand new!