Honored Contributor

These shoes are "so me"..... comfort and edgy.  I plan to buy a pair but am waiting for a lower heel.  Even with an inch at the ball and toes (that offset the heel height) they are simply too high for me.  But I'm definitely going to buy the pair that's "just right"..... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 @Q4u @libbyannE @GusMo @PINKdogWOOD & ALL:

Update on Fly London shoe sizing:

I'm now convinced that those on the cusp of a size (size 8 can be either a 38 or a 39 according to their chart) will have sizing issues. Of course, more ideal that online shoe purchases will always be in-store purchases—however, few stores carry Fly London and those who do (Nordstrom) have few in store styles.

My recent purchases confirm this. Ordered the Yip, the Yama, and the Yena from the Q in a 39. Ordered the mid wedge pump in a soft gold from Nordstrom in a 38.

The Yip and Yama, in 39, were WAY too big. Not even close.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.44.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.44.39 AM.png

The midwedge pump from Nordstrom in a 38 was perfect.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.45.07 AM.png

Then, just when I'm thinking "38" is my Fly London size, the Q sent me the Yena in a 39, also perfect!?

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.45.38 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Usually I wear a 6.5 in closed wedges and have these (in both black and wine) in 37.  The black fit well but the wine are a bit loose so I added an insert. (36 felt short)  They are comfortable and still look new after 2 (?) years.

Image result for fly london shoes

I've tried other styles at Nordstrom and have had difficulty getting a proper fit.  Zulily features them (discounted) occasionally but I've hesitated to order.

Watching models is no help as often times the shoes are clearly too big.  In the screen shot of the ankle straps, the left shoe appears ill-fitting.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Katcat1 @Q4u @libbyannE @GusMo @PINKdogWOOD & ALL:

Update on Fly London shoe sizing:

I'm now convinced that those on the cusp of a size (size 8 can be either a 38 or a 39 according to their chart) will have sizing issues. Of course, more ideal that online shoe purchases will always be in-store purchases—however, few stores carry Fly London and those who do (Nordstrom) have few in store styles.

My recent purchases confirm this. Ordered the Yip, the Yama, and the Yena from the Q in a 39. Ordered the mid wedge pump in a soft gold from Nordstrom in a 38.

The Yip and Yama, in 39, were WAY too big. Not even close.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.44.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.44.39 AM.png

The midwedge pump from Nordstrom in a 38 was perfect.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.45.07 AM.png

Then, just when I'm thinking "38" is my Fly London size, the Q sent me the Yena in a 39, also perfect!?

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.45.38 AM.png

@1Professor,Because I always wear a medium in any shoe, I have found this brand to run slightly narrow.  I could wear the first (metallic) slip on in a 39.  I can't wear any of the others because they fit so closely over the top of my foot, I'd have to go to a 40 (9) and that's too long for me.  I do have several slip on and lots of sandals, but I just cannot find my fit in the styles made like the ones you pictured.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG: Frustrating, thanks for sharing.

I actually have a more narrow foot, but the sizing issues exist. I shouldn't be both a 38 and 39 in a pump. Sigh.

Just ordered this one from Nordstrom in a 38 (hopeful on size!); love the bronze color and I could wear them to teach. (Nordstrom is so easy for returns; I bring it to my nearby local store and they credit my card immediately.)

Oliv Beveled Heel Pump

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 5.32.07 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Usually I wear a 6.5 in closed wedges and have these (in both black and wine) in 37.  The black fit well but the wine are a bit loose so I added an insert. (36 felt short)  They are comfortable and still look new after 2 (?) years.

Image result for fly london shoes

I've tried other styles at Nordstrom and have had difficulty getting a proper fit.  Zulily features them (discounted) occasionally but I've hesitated to order.

Watching models is no help as often times the shoes are clearly too big.  In the screen shot of the ankle straps, the left shoe appears ill-fitting.

I received a new pair of these today from Zulily.  I paid under $80 for them.

I love my other black pair so decided for the price, I needed a spare pair.  The 37 is a little loose without an insert.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 1Professer and I love these shoes.  After teaching I went into retail in a large dept store and the girls in Channel were wearing them for standing  eight hours on hard floors!   They are beyond wonderful. I have at least 9 pair!  Also, right now amazon is cutting the Q on prices for one style I wanted so check first.  Of course with amazon you can't wear them for 30 days.

If your foot is wider, don't get a style that totally covers the foot like a bootie.  I chose the more open styles.