Respected Contributor

Re: FLY London Boot, was ready to order...

It doesnt look like the boot is selling that great - there is only a couple sellouts in certain sizes. Most of it is all available (3:50pm)
Respected Contributor

I meant to say is not selling that great!! Lol
Honored Contributor

I think their boots and shoes look fabulous on, I do have a pair of their tie booties I got AS IS. I have not pulled the trigger on the TSV yet though, I'm partial to the dark brown color.

Contributor

If you didn't like this style, please look up wedge shoes by Bernie Mev. Don't know which company was first to design that special sole construction, but I've been buying Bernie's shoes for years and they are less than half the price (between $60-80). Because of a foot injury, these are the only shoes which fit comfortably and I get lots of compliments. Have fun checking them out.

Esteemed Contributor

KKlim wrote:
I think the TSV booties are cute and have been curious to try Fly London... I ordered in the pretty wine color. I'm a size 7 and I ordered a 38 per the size chart. We'll see what their like when I receive them!

@KKlim, The Fly London vendor has been very specific in pointing out the sizing of the TSV is slightly different from what customer may experience with other Fly shoes and boots. He even noted that in this instance half sizes should go up. I am a US 7.5 and to date I have been comfortable in Fly London 38. However, if I were to order the boot, I would go with 39.  Jane Treacy who always says her shoe size is US 7 was wearing a 38 in her Shoe Shopping show.  By contrast in the Spring Step L'Artiste she was in her usual European size 37. 

Respected Contributor

I received my TSV Fly London today in wine. The color is beautiful and the boot was terrible. 🙁. They are packed up to go back. They are not luscious suede and comfortable like they said, the European sizing is off and a teensy awkward with tie in the back. I'm disappointed. They put on a good sales schpiel w/ those boots all day.. oh well. Lol
Regular Contributor

I got these boots at the TSV price. Tried to post a review, but they haven't accepted it (don't know if they will or won't).  

I thought the tie back was cute, it is and once you get them tied, they stay tied.  Unlike sneakers, they don't loosen.  BTW, I'm 60 and arthritic.  Not as easy as slip-ons, but I'm okay with the extra effort.  They're not ugly but don't look as cute on me as they did on TV.  The euro sizing is a touch off, IMO. I'm and 8.5 US, got size 40.  They are a little big, but I would have had to try on 39s & 40s to see which is best and didn't want to return it unless I was really disappointed. I like the soft suede, no pinching at all.

The lug sole isn't as cushy as it looks, but after I wore them all day they were comfortable.  They're firm--not cushy like Schecher's--but I was comfortable.  Have worn them since my review (in case they publish it) and my opinion is unchanged.  I'd get another color if they were cheaper, but don't love them so much that I don't regard the price.