Honored Contributor

FLY LONDON ON INSPIRED STYLE

I was wondering how long it would take for an expensive, trendy shoe, European sizing (iffy), can't try them on for fit or comfort would be on clearance. 

They've been reduced from $180 to $135 w/ 5 easy pays. Nope. It's mid-July. Sandal purchases over for me.

I'm waiting for some new interesting styles of boots. Please no over the knee boots that'd be "waders" on me!

Honored Contributor

Re: FLY LONDON ON INSPIRED STYLE

@Shanus Makes me wish I could even think of being able to wear Fly London.  I liked some of their styles and lots of their colors -  my feet just disagree with my heart!

I'm a snowbird so sandals are an around the calendar option and the retail world pretty much ignores us.  I've learned that if I don't inventory my sandals in July and do replacements then, I'll suffer in February when only the high-priced cruisewear is around.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus Makes me wish I could even think of being able to wear Fly London.  I liked some of their styles and lots of their colors -  my feet just disagree with my heart!

I'm a snowbird so sandals are an around the calendar option and the retail world pretty much ignores us.  I've learned that if I don't inventory my sandals in July and do replacements then, I'll suffer in February when only the high-priced cruisewear is around.

Bad feet, huh? Just found out something strange. One foot started hurting around the ball of my foot. Went to the ortho doc and she said as you get older, your feet loose fat (no where else you'd like less fat, but feet!). She recommended metatarsal inserts, which would be great if after inserted in shoes didn't make my shoes too tight to wear. 

She said this happens as we age....2 wks. before my birthday? Rats!!!  Going for second opinion. 

Honored Contributor

Love Fly L styles...alas unable to wear. Must say the style I tried very comfortable. Dansko and Earth are best for my needs.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus: Well, I've heard the same for years, doctors, and believe it because I have trouble wearing anything with a bit of a lift that puts pressure on the ball of my foot. Didn't used to be that way but then it was and is.

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Shanus: Well, I've heard the same for years, doctors, and believe it because I have trouble wearing anything with a bit of a lift that puts pressure on the ball of my foot. Didn't used to be that way but then it was and is.

@Sadiesadie  Can you fit those metatarsal gel things in your street shoes and still have shoes fit? So far, I'm just wearing them in my running shoes every day.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I have a love/hate relationship with that we learn as we age.  I love knowing I'm not alone and hate knowing there's little that really fixes us. I've also been told about the loss of foot fat -  I even think I can see the difference, especially near my bunions.

I started today with a half hour soak for my feet - epson salts in hot water.  Temporary "cure" but better than swallowing pills which don't help what ails me all that much.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Bad feet, huh? Just found out something strange. One foot started hurting around the ball of my foot. Went to the ortho doc and she said as you get older, your feet loose fat (no where else you'd like less fat, but feet!). She recommended metatarsal inserts, which would be great if after inserted in shoes didn't make my shoes too tight to wear. 

She said this happens as we age....2 wks. before my birthday? Rats!!!  Going for second opinion. 

@Shanus@millieshops,I remember reading years ago that corporate women in NYC walked so much to get to work in high heels, they were having fat drawn from their but* and injected in the ball of their feet because they had worn the fat pad out.  It was after that that women took their shoes to work in a back pack and wore tennis shoes.

You can get your pads in your shoes if you use shoe stretchers.  I've also used a ball of the foot insert from Foot Smart dot com.  They have everything imagineable for feet.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus@millieshops,I remember reading years ago that corporate women in NYC walked so much to get to work in high heels, they were having fat drawn from their but* and injected in the ball of their feet because they had worn the fat pad out.  It was after that that women took their shoes to work in a back pack and wore tennis shoes.

You can get your pads in your shoes if you use shoe stretchers.  I've also used a ball of the foot insert from Foot Smart dot com.  They have everything imagineable for feet.

It's not the length of the shoes that need stretching. In my flats, if I put those even the the thin gel pads in, besides the darn thing moving to the front of the shoe as I slide my foot in, the shoes are tight from top to bottom (make sense?) not length of shoe. If I get ones that stick down, I'm ashamed to say I'd need at least 50 pkgs. and that's just my summer shoes!!!!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus I have a love/hate relationship with that we learn as we age.  I love knowing I'm not alone and hate knowing there's little that really fixes us. I've also been told about the loss of foot fat -  I even think I can see the difference, especially near my bunions.

I started today with a half hour soak for my feet - epson salts in hot water.  Temporary "cure" but better than swallowing pills which don't help what ails me all that much.

Yes, been soaking my feet as well. Going for 2nd opinion because hurts in 1 foot only (like saying I lost fat in only 1 butt cheek, no?) and it was a walk in clinic. Ortho doc took X-ray & made diagnosis w/o touching my foot. I was in & out in 10 minutes. If there's lack of fat and pressure should hurt, it should hurt all the time and I can go days w/ no pain in same shoes. Scientific experiment. It also hurts when I'm in bed. Unless I'm sleep walking, doesn't make sense to me. May be arthritis or fallen arches, etc. Not that any of these are better that fatless feet, but would like to know what I'm dealing with for real. Good luck to all with aging feet and other parts.