Respected Contributor

FFANY Shoes on Sale 2020, 1 hour, Oct 19 at 5pm ET

[ Edited ]

Qurate CEO Mike George accepts the 2019 Jodi & Jerome Fisher Humanitarian Award on QVC's behalf and he reduces the program to one hour in 2020. How nice.

FFANY Shoes on Sale

Monday, October 19, 2020 5pm ET

Host: Jane Treacy

In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2020, the 27th Annual QVC® Presents FFANY Shoes on Sale event is your opportunity to lend a helping hand and get your feet into the action too! Visit QVC.com and the QVC apps October 1 through December 31 and tune in to QVC October 19 at 5pm ET to shop for thousands of brand name, donated shoes and accessories offered at Sale Prices at least half off the MSRP or Comparable Retail Value*, with a minimum of 80% of your purchase price** benefitting breast cancer research and education. And for the first time in FFANY Shoes on Sale history, ALL shoes will be under $100! Show you care with the shoes you wear as QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale. *MSRP is based upon supplier?s representation of value and no sales may have been made at this price. Comparable Retail Value represents the price being charged by retailers for items of like grade and quality. **Purchase price excludes Shipping, Handling and Tax. QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" has generated more than $58.5 million for breast cancer research and education since 1994.

Honored Contributor

Re: FFANY Shoes on Sale 2020, 1 hour, Oct 19 at 5pm ET

assuming that the reduction to 1 hour is a fallout of CV

as there will probably be no Gala etc,and the industry was affected 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of retail has been adversely affected this year.  To hold an hours-long Gala would be inappropriate.  In addition, I bet there are not enough shoe retailers that could afford the write-off of donating top dollar shoes at low enough prices for the event.  Sponsorships alone probably also dried up this year.  The preparation for this annual event takes many, many months, and logistics and funds needed for it were probably non-existent.

The FFANY Market Week Show for 2020 was cancelled.  NYC decided not to have it (it was originally scheduled for last month)

Even for QVC, last year the on-air program was knocked down to just 3 hours, October 10th from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.  At the rate this is going, they will probably make it only a FB sale next year.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Even for QVC, last year the on-air program was knocked down to just 3 hours, October 10th from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.  At the rate this is going, they will probably make it only a FB sale next year.  

Shoes on Sale wasn't "knocked down to just 3 hours" last year: it has always been scheduled for three hours on QVC since 1995, although some years it ended early due to everything selling out. Unless you mean that they stopped showing the Shoe of the Day Monday through Friday with Pat at 7:50 am ET, but that's obvious because Pat and Dan aren't on in that timeslot regularly anymore. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

This October will mark the first-ever one-hour Creede Silver Strike and one-hour Shoes on Sale.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Shoes on Sale wasn't "knocked down to just 3 hours" last year: it has always been scheduled for three hours on QVC since 1995, although some years it ended early due to everything selling out. Unless you mean that they stopped showing the Shoe of the Day Monday through Friday with Pat at 7:50 am ET, but that's obvious because Pat and Dan aren't on in that timeslot regularly anymore. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

This October will mark the first-ever one-hour Creede Silver Strike and one-hour Shoes on Sale.

@banned again   OK.  I thought it was four hours in years past, so that's what I was talking about.  Didn't realize it has been a three hour show all along.   That's all.  My main point was that I'm not at all surprised about this year being a one-hour show. 

There was a year or two when they did an "after party" type sale online or in the app, for an additional hour, once the TV broadcast was over. 

Respected Contributor

Back in the day they used to have the most gorgeous shoes at the most amazing prices. People would stop me and ask me about my shoes that I bought at this sale.
I remember one pair from some Italian designer that was a little bit uncomfortable but it was so beautiful I would still wear them. They were like art!
The last decade or so the shoes has seemed like leftovers at a bargain basement sale. 😢
Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ordered from this event yet?  I noticed they have a few pairs of men's shoes, but so far nothing has caught my eye.

Esteemed Contributor
Valued Contributor

I usually like to buy a pair of shoes from this event, knowing the proceeds to go charity. But so far this year I don't see any shoe that appeals to me. Hopefully they will have more of a selection on the night of the event. If not this year is a pass for me unfortunately!