Occasional Contributor
Why do the 'stars' have first pick over all the donated shoes a full week before this event? The 'stars' aren't the ones who have made the Q wealthy or successful. It seems each year, the consumer gets to pick over what is leftover.
Honored Contributor

I get what you are saying, but not worth getting upset over. if you want to support the reason for the event donate. You could find shoes anywhere.

Trusted Contributor
I absolutely agree, I haven't been able to get one pair of shoes I wanted in my size. The shoes aren't even presented and the sizes are limited to sometimes 2 or 3 sizes. I don't really think it's fair.
Regular Contributor
What is the real purpose of tonight? Buying a PR of shoes or making a donation to a worthy cause? If for you its the shoes, well you can find better prices elsewhere at retail, otherwise pick a shoe any shoe, any size. Buy it, donate it to a women's charity or a shelter and consider it s double win! Just stop whining that its not fair. Straighten out you priorities please.
Frequent Contributor
Another thing - only 2 pr of shoes have been in anything but medium width. Yes they are donated & go to BC research, which is admirable but really? And I'm a BC survivor but don't have money to waste on shoes not my size.
Respected Contributor
I don't believe that the Q gets all the leftovers. They have their own donated shoes. In the past, they have had their show the same night as the gala and the attendees have scads more to choose from. In years past, it seems like the manufacturers have been more generous, but with the economy, they may be holding back. I am always disappointed because I take an 11 wide and they have very little to choose from in my size. I did buy a pair of dansko shooties tonight because I bought a pair of dansko boots a couple years ago that fit great, so fingers crossed that these are just as comfortable. Edited to add that this is not QVC's event. They just participate like they do for Super Saturday.
Esteemed Contributor
This is the first year when I didn't watch. I checked online and didn't like most of the shoes. I checked a few prices and QVC's prices can be found elsewhere. They are not special. I donate to the charites of my choice, including breast cancer research. Some of those shoes do look out-of-style leftovers.
Respected Contributor

What I didn't like is that a large assortment of shoes were available to purchase at midnight on October 1. I lost out on two pairs of UGGs because of that. Luckily, I was able to get the last pair of boots after someone evidently cancelled their order before the show.

Respected Contributor
I agree with Vivian. I give to two Breast Cancer charities, MSKCC and several other charities throughout the year. I have always bought shoes from QVC at the event, except for this year. The shoes were awful. If you can get shoes at the FFANY event, it's a plus for both sides. Could it be possible the stars get first pick, maybe. It was a let down. Hope everyone stays well.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.