Honored Contributor

Re: Every time I see a full or partial chain strap on a handbag, I wonder...

I like the look of a chain and if the part that goes over the shoulder is not chain then I have no issues with it. I just got a pretty dark brown bag from TJ Maxx that has rose color hardware and a rose color chain cross body strap.

Honored Contributor

Gol, glad I looked in here today. Just saw some cute purses, but I guess the chain isn't the best idea. So thanks.

Respected Contributor

I have many small purses and two larger MK bags that have the partial or full chain strap and I absolutely love them. I love hardware on bags and especially a chain strap. Living in NYC, it adds a dressy look to even a casual outfit. My style is more on the dressy side so I prefer a dressier look in a bag.

I have never had an issue with excessive noise or the chain strap compromising the leather. I also like that many bags with a chain strap are removable so I often interchange straps on my bags which is a big plus. For example, I can make a bag look less dressy by using a full leather strap or dressier by using the chain strap. I also color block with the straps; it is a very inexpensive way of doing color block without having to buy a new bag.

~Live with Intention~