Occasional Contributor

Emma & Sophia Saffiano Leather Question

I own the Emma & Sophia Saffiano Rebecca Leather Domed Satchel-If anyone also owns this handbag if you could tell me if this is ok to take out in any kind of weather, since it is leather. I have had leather handbags before and the rain/snow would leave spots on the leather but I've never had Saffiano leather type. If anyone could share their information on this, it would be great! I want to be able to take this handbag with me always but I just don't want to take a chance incase!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Emma & Sophia Saffiano Leather Question

I took a Sharif safiano leather bag to Ireland with me. We rode buses around the country and it was tossed all over the place and different weather conditions. It looks just like new but I'm not sure if that's typical.
Trusted Contributor

I treat leather bags and shoes with Kiwi Protect All spray. At least three applications with two hours between each to dry. Five applications for suede. Works great for me.

Occasional Contributor

Where can I find Kiwi protect all spray?

On 4/8/2015 vaccinia said:

I treat leather bags and shoes with Kiwi Protect All spray. At least three applications with two hours between each to dry. Five applications for suede. Works great for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 ellitha said:
Where can I find Kiwi protect all spray?

On 4/8/2015 vaccinia said:

Target carries it, and Walmart might have it, too. Test it on a tiny, inconspicuous area of the bag. I have never had a problem and generally just start spraying without even testing.

Honored Contributor

Untreated Saffiano even when wet, should be easily wiped down without problem, and should be more resistant to stains and moisture than many other leathers. Personally though, I'd check an unobtrusive place first, since all bags are not made alike... Incidentally, the trim on these bags is not leather, so it too should be just fine in wet conditions.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...