Super Contributor

Re: Embossing On Front of Dooney Bag

I much prefer the embossed logo. I think the square plaque was cheap looking and never bought any D&B's that had that logo. I bought the TSV today in Bone - love the idea of carrying it this winter!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/15/2014 stevieb said:

I suspect this logo is just one among several that Dooney has used and will still use... I think it's somewhat of a trend for bag makers to have their names appearing in this form these days. I'm seeing it among many brands and yes, often, it appears just to be stamped on in metallic. I can't tell if this logo is stamped or if letters are actually attached. Either way, I like the look for a change.

I don't think it's stamped. I just saw a closeup and I think it's actually metal letters on that bag. I think is looks fabulous. Very classy and elegant looking if I do say so myself.

Honored Contributor

On 11/15/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

I suspect this logo is just one among several that Dooney has used and will still use... I think it's somewhat of a trend for bag makers to have their names appearing in this form these days. I'm seeing it among many brands and yes, often, it appears just to be stamped on in metallic. I can't tell if this logo is stamped or if letters are actually attached. Either way, I like the look for a change.

I don't think it's stamped. I just saw a closeup and I think it's actually metal letters on that bag. I think is looks fabulous. Very classy and elegant looking if I do say so myself.

I think you're right Bling. I just watched it again and the letters seem 'raised'. I like the look... Again, I assume and hope Dooney will keep their other logos, after all, they have several..., but I don't have a problem with this new one... And I can't imagine the duck going anywhere!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I think you're right Bling. I just watched it again and the letters seem 'raised'. I like the look... Again, I assume and hope Dooney will keep their other logos, after all, they have several..., but I don't have a problem with this new one... And I can't imagine the duck going anywhere!

I have to say I love the looks of that tsv bag. I'm proud of myself I didn't purchase it. It was hard, but I held strong, lol. I think if the bag was 200 dollars I would have gotten it in the grey. 299 was a bit much for this bag and didn't want a half of a year payments on it. Patting myself on the back, lol.

Valued Contributor

I have to say I love the looks of that tsv bag. I'm proud of myself I didn't purchase it. It was hard, but I held strong, lol. I think if the bag was 200 dollars I would have gotten it in the grey. 299 was a bit much for this bag and didn't want a half of a year payments on it. Patting myself on the back, lol.

Lol. Same here Smiley Happy while it's a pretty bag, I think the strap is too thin, and so is the leather.... and I don't care for the accessories either...who needs a D&B key fob?? I already have the one I like and I don't switch those!! As far as the price, I guess they can't sell it for $200 if that's the price of a GILI bag....
Regular Contributor

I don't like the new lettering either.

Super Contributor

Tacky and cheap looking, no matter how they try to spin it as "sophisticated; gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous; rich and beautiful." Please. {#emotions_dlg.glare}