Respected Contributor

Re: Earth Origin VS Clarks ??

I quit Clark's years ago. I did get a pair if GREAT EO sandals from QVC this past summer. A wedge sole with a zipper up the back of the heel and I have to say they were the MOST COMFORTABLE high sandals I have ever owned. I was very impressed with the comfort and quality of the brand.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I like both of these shoes. In my opinion, I think Earth brands are more stylish. I have three pair of their boots and I love them. They are very comfortable the minute you put them on. Earth is really my favorite

Contributor

I have a whole closet of Clarks- all a year or more old. Current styles just don't work for me- for example, I cannot tolerate boots at work!, and that was all I seemed to see this fall and winter- and the prices have gone up dramatically. I do like the EO I have purchased, and I find their sizing true and comfortable. Their TSV prices in particular are usually very good. Tough to tell someone else though...shoes demand a particular fit. If I find one brand and style that works I tend to buy multiples. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know why, but Clarks do not work for me....at all, so I will not be ordering them again.

Admittedly, I have fussy feet and need COMFORT, especially in a padded insole.  Despite Clarks advertising a padded insole, I do not feel any padding.

I have tall shaft boots from EO that are great and far more comfortable than any Clarks I have tried.  I also appreciate the wide width/regular calf configuration.

Interestingly, Q has not posted my review of the Clarks Mazlyn Arctic, which I will post here because I feel very strongly about this boot not working for me and if it informs someone else with the priority of comfort, then I'm happy.  I gave them one star.

Clark's Mazlyn Arctic

Hard. Hard. Hard.
Posted by SaRina 12-30-15
Overall Rating
1 out of 5
" Yes, these boots are hard. Comfort is key for me and I wanted winter shoes comfortable and flexible enough for 30-40 minute dog walks. These are not them. The outer boot is stiff as can be and hard, not at all flexible, especially in the ankle area. I ordered my usual size. The wide width is fine, but the length is short with my toe touching the front end. I could not order up a size because the heel cup was already so big that my foot was flopping up and down.. Most people will have to make some kind of accommodation for the big heel cup. The so-called padded insole does not feel at all padded under my foot. It feels hard. Perhaps I am spoiled by really cushy shoes. Not particularly wowed by the navy, which is more of a royal blue. I am extremely disappointed in Clarks and thought they were a better shoe. These shoes are hard, but they are very easy for me to return. A total miss. "

Respected Contributor

I think Clarks shoes are looking so cheap and they don't last long.  I'm super easy on shoes too.

I don't know how EO could be of lesser quality than Clarks. 

Valued Contributor

Oh absolutly no contest...Earth Origin! Clarks are poorly made and the prices are too high.

I'm a Clarks lover from way back!  I also loved Earth Brand when Wal-Mart first introduced them in sandals 20 - 25 yrs ago. At that time they were less than $10.00/pr and lasted for years. They didn't have them in Florida so every time I visited Wisconsin in the summer I would make that trip to Wal-Mart for a new pair of Earth Brand. They still carry Earth (now )Origin - usually around $29.00/sandals. I would like to know where they are made. The new ones are not nearly as comfortable as the older ones. 
I always know how my Clarks are going to feel!  Comfortable for years!

I love them both but Clarks has always been my go-to shoe. They arre waaay out of my price range though. I shop at this online store that has a bunch of Clarks for pretty cheap, I think they have some EO as well. Anytime I've bought from them I've never had a problem! Here it is if you want to check it out http://stores.ebay.com/katshopgoodies/

Respected Contributor

Not impressed with EarthOrigins.  When Sally Combs was the vendor for Birkenstock, I purchased several of that brand.  When Sally moved on to Earth Origins, I tried the shoes and was disappointed in the quality.  With Clarks, I have been pleased with the Unstructured line, but they don't present that line anymore.  Other Clarks have disappointed me, mainly because of poor fit.

Super Contributor

I have mostly Clarks, but do have a pair of EO that I really love.  I have been disappointed this year with the sizing of Clarks, but will still give them a try if I like the shoe.