Esteemed Contributor

Re: Earth Origin VS Clarks ??

Shoes have changed in the last several years. 8 to 15 yrs ago, I purchased many pairs of Clarks Leather Clogs and Rykas from the Q. Each pair fit me perfectly and were so comfortable. Now, most shoes don't fit me properly. I read that Rykas sold the business - so that's the reason for the quality going downhill. Clarks sizing has changed -- the shoes run long. Recently, I purchased 9 pairs of Clarks Medora (2 different styles) with the tootsie roll bottom - and I love them. I have all different colors. 

Frequent Contributor

It's EO for me! I gave up on Clarks several years ago - they DO NOT have arch support (at least none that I have purchased or tried on in stores so I gave up) AND the heel tends to slip up and down if I get the toe box to fit properly. I do not have that problem in other lines. For the price of Clarks, their shoes should have arch support in my opinion. I simply will not purchase any shoes without arch support. Can you tell - I like arch support?!!  I have crabby feet and like to keep them happy!

Honored Contributor

I normally wear Clarks but bought a pair of Earths which gave me a blister on my toe.  I never wore them again.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I prefer Earth Brands to Clarks.  I think Clarks has kind of lost their way over the past few years.  I prefer the support and comfort offered by Earth.

Respected Contributor

I like both brands; however, I am not fond of the look of the sole on most of the Clarks and I hate the hook and loop closures.  They wear out and the then the shoe is no good.  I think they make some changes specifically for QVC and I don't care for them.  I've bought some very nice Clarks elsewhere that have regular buckles and nice soles.

I really do like all my boots from Clarks.  

I have a lot of Earthies and Earth Origins shoes/boots too.  I avoid any with the hook and loop closures.  I do agree that the Earth brand shoes and boots look more stylish and they are great to wear for comfort.  

Contributor

I totally agree with you regarding Clark shoes not having arch support.  EO shoes gives great support however I wish they would offer more wide widths.  

Honored Contributor

I wear some clarks.  But I don't like EO shoes.  Their heel cup is much different than Clarks and is uncomfortable for me.  It reminded me of Birkenstock heels.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a Clarks girl. I wear them almost exclusively. Tried EO but they were too hard and stiff and also one pair had kind of a plastic sole on them and I slipped on the stairs at home. Sent those back immediately. I'm done with having to break shoes in. I want comfort from the first time I slip shoes on.

Trusted Contributor

Clarks have always been a go-to for me since I retired in 2010.  Before that is was Bandolino heels!  Lately, their ballet not-quite-flats have pinched at the toes and slipped at the heel.  I can't quite order them online as I'm never sure if I need a 71/2 W, 8 M or 8W.  Earlier this year I gambled and ordered a pair of EO leather slip ons to wear as one of three pair I was taking to France in the spring.  So, my luggage gets delayed and I wore those shoes for about a week straight without a blister, sore soles, sore back, knees, sore ANYTHING! And we walked around 20,000 steps every day.  Now, they are hardly trendy or cute, just a standard walking shoe (like that $120 all leather one that Clarks sells, that I couldn't find the right size), that I paid $59 for on clearance on Amazon.

BTW, I've had surgery on both bunions, a bunion-ette done on one foot and a hammer toe corrected on the other. I now have a sometime Morton's neuroma on my right foot. (Believe me, I've paid for wearing those Bandolino heels on concrete floors.) Some sort of foot discomfort is a daily occurance.  My DH kept asking me in France, how are your feet?  You're not complaining!  

I'm a new Earth brand convert.  I just bought a pair of their boots and those cute ballet type flats with the criss cross laces.  Now I know why Sally Coombs kicks!  I just wish I didn't have to stalk them until the price comes down and take my chance that my size is still left.