Respected Contributor

Does anyone know the difference between the Earth Shoe Categories?  They sell as

Earthies

Earth Origins

and just Earth

Is there a hierarchy among the brands as far as quality goes?  For example, what shoe is better Earth Origins or Earth?

TIA

Occasional Contributor

I've also wondered about this !!  Hopefully someone knows.

Esteemed Contributor

I would ask Sally Combs on her Facebook page. I know she is no longer with the company but she would know the information.

I buy Earth Origins...the way I remember it is these are made for a normal to smaller foot width foot but with wiggle room.

Earth--I believe is for a normal to wider width foot.

Earthies --I believe is based on the original.

This does not replace a shoe that is made as a narrow or a wide which Earth does have.... I think.

I'm doing this from memory so I may be off a bit. All I know is that my foot fits in the Earth Origins the best,. The other two are a bit wide for me. 

Frequent Contributor

I really liked this brand when QVC started selling it. Stylish and comfortable. Now they are no different than Clark's. Too many flats,  too much velcro.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@CharlotteBronte wrote:

I've also wondered about this !!  Hopefully someone knows.

@CharlotteBrontesomeone suggested we ask Sally Combs or the current Earth rep on facebook.  I'm not on facebook.  If you are, could you reach out to them?  I understand if you don't want to. 

Respected Contributor

I think I have the answer:

Stocked at Nordstrom and independent retailers, the Earth line sells for $100 to $150, while the Earth Origins collection is targeted to chain and big-box merchants with moderate price points of $60 to $90. ... It's about fashion-comfort at moderate price points.”

Honored Contributor

If Sally is no longer with Earth why would she want to give out info?  And just where did you hear she is no longer with them?  Did she post that on FB?  She did post that she was furloughed from the company during this pandemic.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If Sally is no longer with Earth why would she want to give out info?  And just where did you hear she is no longer with them?  Did she post that on FB?  She did post that she was furloughed from the company during this pandemic.

@Imaoldhippie   I think @Fressa was just trying to be helpful, and it was appreciated. 

We have the answer though, so your post is irrelevant anyway.  Thanks!.

Honored Contributor

@Travone .........gee thanks, I was jus trying to find out if Sally is no longer with Earth.  I enjoyed her and her quirky personality and I really like Earth shoes.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I believe Earth Origins are the least expensive, then Earth, then Earthies, then Kalso.  I don't know if I have left any out, but I think this hierarchy is correct.

I generally shop for Earth, although I do have a couple of Earthies.  I tend to think they cut corners on EO.