Esteemed Contributor

Re: EXPLAIN WHY VIONIC ON SO OFTEN

While Vionic thongs might not be a podiatrist's recommendation, they do have a place in my wardrobe.  I feel they make great beach shoes.  They are the only shoes I own that aren't leather (well, except for rain boots) which makes them fine for "wet" situations and they do provide arch support for a more comfortable walking experience.  

I am confident the reason they are featured so often is because QVC has a lucrative contract with Vionic.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops I've had the same experience with New Balance.  Fitted at store,felt good there.  Brought that pair back...second pair same thing.  Tried and tried with them. Finally donated them..expensive lesson.  $ don't necessarily make the shoe good.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

For anyone with plantar fasciitis, they are a godsend. I no longer own a pair of shoes that aren't Vionics. They are the only thing that allows me to walk without pain.  They're on frequently because they sell very, very well - otherwise, they wouldn't be on so often.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

The clark gal is there almost every week,expensive also.I have a few pairs of clarks,but lately the prices tell me don't buy.

Frequent Contributor

I agree they are featured very often so most likely either they have a contract with QVC or they are a top seller (or both)!  I, however, cannot wear them because I can't stand a negative heel bed!! Birkenstocks also do not work for me. I had serious PF for a very long time and after several steriod injections, meds, and orthodics I got over it. I now wear mostly Mephistos sandals, Naot and some Earth brands. Those all have mostly hard footbeds and arches. In the winter for everyday I do wear tennis shoes but only with my othodics. I wish I didn't have to spend so much on shoes but they keep my feet healthy. To me negative heel beds are the worst. I did try wearing the Vionics for short periods at first to attempt to get feet/legs used to negative heel but gave up and returned them.

Honored Contributor

@Gramy24 wrote:

I agree they are featured very often so most likely either they have a contract with QVC or they are a top seller (or both)!  I, however, cannot wear them because I can't stand a negative heel bed!! Birkenstocks also do not work for me. I had serious PF for a very long time and after several steriod injections, meds, and orthodics I got over it. I now wear mostly Mephistos sandals, Naot and some Earth brands. Those all have mostly hard footbeds and arches. In the winter for everyday I do wear tennis shoes but only with my othodics. I wish I didn't have to spend so much on shoes but they keep my feet healthy. To me negative heel beds are the worst. I did try wearing the Vionics for short periods at first to attempt to get feet/legs used to negative heel but gave up and returned them.

?????

Vionics do NOT have negative heels/footbeds - none. They never have. Neither do Birkenstocks. EARTH Brands, which you mention you wear, DO often have negative footbeds.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Vionics are a great product line. They have helped me quite a lot for stabilizing, and perhaps, realigning my body from head to toe!  

Respected Contributor

$$$

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sick of the dotted line on the ankle and leg.  Seriously?  Well, I guess it worked out for StaceyAnn.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if I got bombarded with Vionic emails from them because I used to buy Birkenstock from them? I haven't bought shoes here since they quit carrying Birkis. I have been buying more locally than online so I don't have to pay $9.95 to try it on with Qvc.