Honored Contributor

For anyone with foot problems,do you buy and like these shoes?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I have a pair that's a few years old. I broke 2 bones in my foot, & am on my feet alot, & someone recommended them. They're comfortable, & seem to be a well-made shoe, but in all honesty, I don't wear them much. Don't know how much help that is! 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have problems with my feet.  I bought them because I thought they were stylish.  I find that my feet sort of hurt after I take them off at the end of the day.  Maybe because I don't need the support?  I made the mistake of getting caught in the rain on my 2nd wear.  I wish they had removable or replaceable foot beds.  

Super Contributor

I have several pair of Ecco shoes that I bought a few years ago.  I really liked them.  When I discovered Vionics, they became my favorite shoes & sandals because they have great arch support that is perfect for me. I have a pair of Ecco hiking boots that I had put away in a storage bin and just found them a couple weeks ago.  I started wearing them again.  They are so comfortable.   My son-in-law noticed my boots and commented that they were Ecco and were high priced.  I think he was impressed!

Valued Contributor

ECCO's are hit and miss.  Some have great support; some have zero support.  Depends upon the style.  I have several pairs but don't wear them on a consistant basis.  Like everything else, I don't think ECCOs are a well-made as they once were.

Super Contributor

I used to wear Ecco's all the time, but quality declined. I am on my feet as a PT 8 hours/ day and switched to Keen.  I like the style of the Ecco tho

Valued Contributor

I have friends with foot problems who prefer Ecco's above other brands. 

They run narrow.

I bought a pair a few years ago as "good shoes" and like them very much. They're the only shoes I have that I can wear to fancy occasions and not end up with sore feet.  But the styles have changed and it's entirely possible that the quality has as well. 

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest I don't have foot problems, but I have high arches and supinate, so Vionics don't really work for me. I have the Ecco Soft 7 leather sneakers and would buy them again in a heartbeat. They aren't cheap, but I wore them walking around Italy (and even got a compliment on them from an Italian man!), wear them to dance at summer Concerts in the Park, and love them when I know I have to walk around a city and want to be comfortable. The leather looks as good as the day I got them, and I've had them for over 18 months. 

I have Ecco boots that don't have as much cushion as the sneakers, so comfort probably depends on style.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ecco shoes are hit and miss with me too. They are european sized and they do tend to run narrow in the forefoot.