Frequent Contributor

Dooney's loss...Coach's gain

I've been just obsessed with getting a new bag and I posted on another thread that I was just about to buy the D&B Kingston Hobo the other night but the models and Lisa were shouting back and forth, Sue could not present the bag's features because of it, and I lost out because the colors I was considering sold out while all this was going on.

Today, I got an email from the Coach outlet. I clicked and there it was...this beautiful bag, the Colette Leather Hobo in "Wine" ( I think) and it had been marked down to $169.00 from an original price of $448.00.

I like it better than the Dooney....and it saved me a lot of money as well. I can't wait for it to arrive and if anyone "out" there has this bag, let me know how you like it.

The Coach outlet sales are terrific. Great bags marked down to what I consider reasonable prices for a quality handbag.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney's loss...Coach's gain

Enjoy your new handbag. In my experience Coach bags are very different from most Dooney bags. The Kinston hobo is very structured. Is your new Coach hobo also structured?

Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

Its hard to tell but it looks like a very good combination of soft leather and organization. There is a middle zip compartment and either side, that attach to the handles, are sort of like large open sleeves. Its rather hard to describe the the image I keep finding is not the same bag I bought...strange.

I agree Coach and Dooney are not at all similar. I do love Dooney, many styles in fact. I'm not a big Coach "CCCCCCC" fan but this is a solid leather in a really gorgeous dark red. I need a red bag like I need a hole in the head (though I love them) but I think it might be dark enough to match more than a true red...

I'm not a big fan of floppy bags...that might be a problem here, its hard to tell. But its so pretty. I will find out I guess! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Sorry you were not able to hear the details about the bag because of all the chatter, I find it annoying frequently.

I purchased the Kingston bag in Q's 'as is' section, it is lovely. No damage, smells, etc and arrived with the sleeper bag.

You might want to check there if you are still interested. You could spend your savings! Wink

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Drythe. What color did you get? It is a gorgeous bag!

Respected Contributor

I love that Kingston bag! I don't blame you tho, sometimes those shows turn childish in behavior! Hope your new bag turns out great for you!
Frequent Contributor

I do too wvumountiefan. Thank you. Hopefully it will arrive before my husband gets home. Hehe.

Valued Contributor

I prefer Coach over DB. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you didn't get the info you needed. I found the interaction on that show hilarious but I've seen that bag a bunch of times.

I thought I read that Coaches outlet bags are made specifically for the outlet stores and not their retail stores? Since that bag isn't on Coaches website, is it just because it was discontinued or was it an outlet only bag from the start?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Glad you found something you like and am glad the Coach email and on-line description offered enough information about the bag for you to make a good choice and at what seems to be a better price.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...